Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

please help!! skin issues

yeoggie

Lairian
ive had my baby for 10 months now and through out having him hes had on and off skin rashes that would usually go after a week and come every couple of months. they werent very bad, just a few red spots around his neck (he tends to get very dirty around there), so it wasnt something i was too worried about however his skin has been extremely bad over the past 3-4 weeks and it seems to only be getting worse… at first i assumed it was due to the weather being hotter but here in the uk its cool down completely again and his skin still seems to get more inflamed everyday. his 1st birthday was last week and so ive decided to slowly start changing his food over to a lower chicken content incase that might be whats causing him issues but im not sure what else i can do to help him incase thats not it. if anyone has any advice id really appreciate it as im so sad seeing him like this
6D1B3639-B8EF-4098-9EE5-53C244B73C32.jpeg
EB5E7486-FB96-427B-A773-99F13C56E6C0.jpeg

Anoubis

Lairian
Hello Yeoggie, these look like lots of little bite marks to me. Probably from mites. Do you have any other pets such as rodents or old mattresses in your house that could have bedbugs in them? Does any member of your human family have similar bite marks? These are definitely some biting parasites which you need to get rid off. It may take fuming / smoking your whole house with some strong chemical.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Chicken allergy is definitely a possibility. If you suspect that, reducing chicken will not help. You would need to completely eliminate it. How regular was the occurrence in the past? You said every couple of months, so did it coincide with anything?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

HairlessHorton

Lairian
ive had my baby for 10 months now and through out having him hes had on and off skin rashes that would usually go after a week and come every couple of months. they werent very bad, just a few red spots around his neck (he tends to get very dirty around there), so it wasnt something i was too worried about however his skin has been extremely bad over the past 3-4 weeks and it seems to only be getting worse… at first i assumed it was due to the weather being hotter but here in the uk its cool down completely again and his skin still seems to get more inflamed everyday. his 1st birthday was last week and so ive decided to slowly start changing his food over to a lower chicken content incase that might be whats causing him issues but im not sure what else i can do to help him incase thats not it. if anyone has any advice id really appreciate it as im so sad seeing him like thisView attachment 105237View attachment 105235
This is exactly what my cat Horton is experiencing. He’s just about to be a year old and I started changing to adult and he got the same little bumps on his face and eyes….. I’m so stressed! I’m thinking maybe a chicken allergy.

Back