Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

PLEASE I NEED HELP

Gemma robertson

Lairian
my boy is driving me nananas he will not stop peeing at my front door I rent and have timber click flooring the worst it’s cost me so much money in cleaning stuff as well as deterant sprays nothing is working their is a cat across the road that hangs around and I’m thinking that’s why he has fresh clean litter box every 4 days and scooped daily. I don’t know what else to do we’re moving soon and the house has the same flooring so want to figure it out before we move I’m about to buy him nappys

Josie Ent

Lairian
my boy is driving me nananas he will not stop peeing at my front door I rent and have timber click flooring the worst it’s cost me so much money in cleaning stuff as well as deterant sprays nothing is working their is a cat across the road that hangs around and I’m thinking that’s why he has fresh clean litter box every 4 days and scooped daily. I don’t know what else to do we’re moving soon and the house has the same flooring so want to figure it out before we move I’m about to buy him nappys

Hi yeah it’s probably stress with the other cat around, you could try a feliway plug in to help him not feel so stressed. Also use biological soap powder in some water water to clean the area it breaks down the enzyme in the wee that they can smell. Normal cleaning products don’t do this. Hope this helps xx

73bd8cd46217a5571bd7704e05d2caed.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Does he has one or two litterboxes? You can try to add a second litterbox if you have only one.

Can you place the litterbox where he's always peeing? If not can you place something there he really doesn't like standing on? Like aliminium fole? Or something else?

And maybe spray a anti cat sent at the other side of the door so the other cat stays away?

Yoda mom

Staff member
Is the visiting neighbor cst spraying in the outside door area?
Can you talk to the owner ?
Do the sell organic products to put outside your home to deter visiting kitties ?

Is your boy neutered ?
Be sure to use a enzyme cleaner like natures miracle , anti ickt poo cleaner or similar .
Anti-Icky-Poo is recommended by veterinarians more than any other product

Is it possible to limit his access to your front door area where he is marking -
Hso long before you move? Can you set up a kitty room for him while you are at work etc
Amd supervise free roa,out when you are home?

I also tend to train mine like a dog

I give lots of positive verbal praise for going potty Im the litter box amd treat right in front of the box as they exist - i still do the treats randomly .
I adopted a retired male stud car years ago and this worked wonders .

Try to Limit free roaming and window sitting he may be watching the other kitty .
you can cover a piece of foam board with fabric stapled to it to put on the Lower half inside window .
My boy hates the site of another cat outside the bathroom window do I did the foam board trick .
I got a fabric to match the decor Amd covered the foam board . Cost sbout $3
Amd he no longer paces by the window on kitty patrol (he is neutered )

Anti icky poo was breeder recommended . They have a whole line of products .
Definitely worth checking if it is available in your area
You can ask your vet what products they recommend for enzyme cleaning products amd as a last resort perhaps Buspar ? Buspirone mediaction ?

I am glad you reached out for suggestions

I am sure others will chime in to
We all come together here

Back