Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Please leave us alone!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Before I go on with what I need to say I will reiterate what I have always believed in. It is great if you and your vet decide whether or not to scan for HCM or make any other medical decision for that matter together as an owner and professional veterinarian. It is also your choice if you choose to feed your Sphynx cat raw, Iams, Science Diet of meow mix! It is a "choice" that you have as an owner or breeder . If your pet shows symptoms of HCM, absolutely get them tested with no delay. I do understand it is a horrible disease, that being said, It sickens me to know that what i now call the "HCM Extremists" still till this very day are bashing and torturing members of Sphynxlair because of a how one does not follow their opinion or rules of how an owner and their vet make a professional decision whether or not to scan their cats, or if a breeder and their vet decides he or she wants to scan or not. And if the breeders do not scan their considered BYB (Back yard breeders) and produce poor quality kittens. Who are they to judge? When did they become experts in the Sphynx breed? It is just a shame and I apologize for these evil people who can't just mind their business and keep their opinions and lies to themselves and stay on what I call "The dark side". It also curls my stomach on how "fake" they are and how one hides behind facebook and "banned" sphynxlair so we could not see the evil writings they scroll on their "wall" about Sphynxlair and our members. They are not breeders! Never have been nor are they vets! I truly believe they think they are the only ones worthy of owning a Sphynx cat! So I wish they would keep to themselves and let the rest of us normal Sphynx people enjoy what we cherish the most and that is our Sphynx. So those of you who frequent the "darkside," please keep what happens on Sphynxlair here on Sphynxlair, it is none of their business what we do here on Sphynxlair and enjoy here, and I would like to keep it that way. They're so bored with their own site they still lurk here for excitement to find things to gossip about, and one of them has actually signed up under a different user name. It's not fair to our members here to privately bash them outside of the site because of your beliefs and opinions! Grow up! Im sure they have a little messenger or two that will be sure to deliver this message from my site, so I will not bother sending it to them.
Thank you,
Admin

Last edited:

gizmo6370

Banned
Sad that this is still going on....
I sure do scan my breeders....and i'm telling people to have their cats scanned...if they can....
I just wanna make sure i do everything in my power to have happy healthy babies....and i also realize....that if my cats are scanned clear now....they can be sick in 6 months....but at that moment of breeding they were healthy....
But i don't judge people who choose not to scan....
In the Netherlands almost every breeder scans....but we have a few breeders who don't scan....that's their choice...so be it...and it is my choice not to buy a kitten from them or sell one to them....
But it doesn't mean....that i will treat those breeders without respect....there are so many people...so there are so many opinions....
I hope that the bothering will stop any time soon....

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well Said!!! This is why I have not been on much lately! :ThumbsDown: Is there a way to make the site private to members? I know that the lair might not get as much attention but this may eliminate some of the snooping.. Ofcourse you still have some members who do visit the "darkside" though... Oh well! I really hope these people eventually grow up!!

I love the lair and miss the lair!!!!

Bella07

Banned
Oh that is such a shame! It seems that this person is so bored with their own life, they will find anything, just anything to make their life more "exciting." Tisk, tisk....need I say for that person to get their own life? And stay out of other people's business, especially when it does not pertain to themself....

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's so sad. I had no idea any of this was going on with you guys or Shannon. I would like to think that we are all in this for the love of the breed, and would only do what's best for our kitties. Of course there'll be differences of opinion but can't we be civil and agree to disagree? So many posts on SL have said this more eloquently than this, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in.

susi794

Staff member
This is for the Lurker--the teller of non-truths--the one who delights in spreading rumors that hurt other people:

Life is so hard for some of us....I have days I can hardly crawl out of my bed for all the pain I'm experiencing. I have to sit and can only watch as people do the things I love, but can't do since my accident. Others of us have developmentally disabled children, or husbands out to sea. Some of us worry how we'll manage to raise a yet-to-be born baby without a partner; some of us worry if they'll ever be able to get a job again. We have members fighting cancer, living far away from their families and losing people they love. The list goes on and on...

Isn't that enough for you? Isn't there already enough misery out there to go around? Are you such a hateful person that you won't be happy until you've brought all the misery you can to the lives of as many as you can? Why can't you tend your own house and leave everybody else's alone?

One of us cried because of you yesterday...are you proud now? Feeling all warm and fuzzy over it? Are you feeling righteous over what you've done?

Shame on you! And your band of cohorts too. Sadly, there will always be people like you. Ones who pretend to do things for the good of the cause--but I know the real truth. You thrive on the drama and the hurting of other folks. And while I find your antics annoying, I pity you. I am going to get down on my knees tonight and pray for you. I am going to ask my God to heal whatever it is in your heart that makes you so hateful. And I am going to try to continue to love you anyway--but hopefully from afar. Very afar.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't know who this is, or what the "darkside" is, and I am glad for that. But there will always be people like this arouund, it's sad, really, and it's why I prefer my animals most of the time. I love the lair and the people here. I don't think this group of whoevers can destroy us, only make us stronger!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Once again Susi I could not have said it better myself! My husband typed the first thing in this thread but I was logged in so I did not want to add because it already said it was me well anyway it was from both of us together! Susi when you post I feel it come from your heart and the things you have said are just so true, there are just bigger problems in life. So I have one thing to ask all of you, can we all say a prayer for Susi so that she can have many more better days rather then days of pain that she so deserves!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi when you post I feel it come from your heart and the things you have said are just so true, there are just bigger problems in life. So I have one thing to ask all of you, can we all say a prayer for Susi so that she can have many more better days rather then days of pain that she so deserves!

Done! Susi's posts are always supportive, generous, and positive. I adore her!

firehillqueen

Banned
Crusaders come in all forms. I have no doubt the *dark siders* are on their own personal crusade in the name of Sphynx purity. Obsession in any shape is blind, and those caught in its thrall are deaf to any opinion but their own, and to them everyone else is wrong.

I am extremely grateful to the person who connected me to Tosca, but I was also shocked and hurt when shortly after I adopted Tosca I got a email from the same person saying she had HEARD I was not keeping Tosca and would be coming to reclaim her. I had NEVER said I would no keep her despite her problems.

Then I was told under no circumstances should I bring other kittens in the house since she would not tolerate other cats.

Needless to say Tosca is healthy and happy and is wonderful with the kittens. I believe she has been a terribly lonely cat in her life. I wrote the lady back recently to tell her how well Tosca is doing, but no reply.

But I feel it was my personal choice to buy kittens even with Tosca in our family now. I don't think anyone had the right to tell me they would come get Tosca from me after I paid the adoption fee and was giving her the care she needed. I do understand the passion we all feel for our cats. But do we have the right to inflict our opinions on how the breed must be cared for, fed, bred or loved? We all seek advice and aid and it is generously given here on this forum. I am still learning about how the best way to care for my Sphynx, but I don't want someone tell me I must do it their way or else. Or else what??? They do a search on Google and show up at my place to demand I surrender my beloved cats???

I think not.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Done! Susi's posts are always supportive, generous, and positive. I adore her!

I agree 100%!!!

Once again Susi I could not have said it better myself! My husband typed the first thing in this thread but I was logged in so I did not want to add because it already said it was me well anyway it was from both of us together! Susi when you post I feel it come from your heart and the things you have said are just so true, there are just bigger problems in life. So I have one thing to ask all of you, can we all say a prayer for Susi so that she can have many more better days rather then days of pain that she so deserves!

Consider it DONE!!
I don't know who this is, or what the "darkside" is, and I am glad for that. But there will always be people like this arouund, it's sad, really, and it's why I prefer my animals most of the time. I love the lair and the people here. I don't think this group of whoevers can destroy us, only make us stronger!

Your absolutley right. I'm thankful I don't know where the dark side is, Im so happy here.

holly_savage

Banned
Well I must be oblivious because I haven't heard anything about any of this. I am on SL and Facebook everyday...and yes I admit I have even been to "the dark side" a few times, but I can honestly say I have never seen or read or any bashing against anyone, but then again, I haven't really been looking for any of it either...lol

I hope things get calmed down soon, it has definitely put a bit of a pall on things around here.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yet again Suzi has said everything more eloquently than I ever could.

Don't even give them the benefit of having a thread dedicated to them. It's a waste of time, energy and emotion, to give them even this much thought.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I agree with Holly.
I have never seen any bashing of Sphynx Lair on the Darkside Site.
I have no idea who the spy is either.
I have seen some nasty breeder fights on fb though and on the breeders list.
In fact I do not post on the breeders list because some people made me cry before I ever showed.
I had told my mentor I did not want to show anymore.
This people lied to one of the breeders of my cats.
I had said this person did not want to help me because of where my cat came from.
Well this other lady thought it was about her and wrote the breeder.
It was about a lady on MSN not the breeders list.
I also asked to many questions then.
See how stupid people can be.

susi794

Staff member

Heather, Thanks so much for the call for prayers--I can use all I can get--but please not just for me--for Sam Lewis and her unborn baby, for Kerry and her family problems so far away, for Jacky with her own health issues and her husband's as well, for nbolin and her husband so far away and for the child they so much are hoping to have, for Mike and the hope that he will find a good job, for Dawn that she finds the arsonist and doesn't get injured in one of his fires, for Marna as she continues her fight against cancer, for the kids with disabilities that struggle so much to be successful, for US ALL.
I am in pain a lot of the time--but my life is so good. So rich in love and kindness from others. I am surrounded by friends, my loving cats, my colleagues and my students. I have a job I adore, a roof over my head and food to eat--pain or not, I have it so much better than 90% of the rest of the world, I wouldn't dare complain too much. There are people in this word dying for the want of a $3.00 mosquito net. Let's remember them in our prayers too while we're at it.

I am deeply touched by the love I feel here all the time....and please know that is returned to all of you.
Much love and many thanks,
Susi and the gang

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Heather, Thanks so much for the call for prayers--I can use all I can get--but please not just for me--for Sam Lewis and her unborn baby, for Kerry and her family problems so far away, for Jacky with her own health issues and her husband's as well, for nbolin and her husband so far away and for the child they so much are hoping to have, for Mike and the hope that he will find a good job, for Dawn that she finds the arsonist and doesn't get injured in one of his fires, for Marna as she continues her fight against cancer, for the kids with disabilities that struggle so much to be successful, for US ALL.
I am in pain a lot of the time--but my life is so good. So rich in love and kindness from others. I am surrounded by friends, my loving cats, my colleagues and my students. I have a job I adore, a roof over my head and food to eat--pain or not, I have it so much better than 90% of the rest of the world, I wouldn't dare complain too much. There are people in this word dying for the want of a $3.00 mosquito net. Let's remember them in our prayers too while we're at it.

I am deeply touched by the love I feel here all the time....and please know that is returned to all of you.
Much love and many thanks,
Susi and the gang

Agree and I am at a loss for words:Sweet-angel::Cry::BigSmile: and flooded with emotion!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Susi.
I still have stuff to send you.
I might as well tell you what I have for you.
Sphynx key chain,cat key chain and some cute stuff I bought.
If anyone did not know this my husband has a rare leukemia that is in remission.
I was in some msn groups when we found out he had it and almost died.
Those people were so nice and even called the hospital for me when my phone was out of order.

J

Jinxlover

Mews,I'm sorry about your husband. I am happy it's in remission. My sister has cancer also I know who tough it can be..

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks Susi.
I still have stuff to send you.
I might as well tell you what I have for you.
Sphynx key chain,cat key chain and some cute stuff I bought.
If anyone did not know this my husband has a rare leukemia that is in remission.
I was in some msn groups when we found out he had it and almost died.
Those people were so nice and even called the hospital for me when my phone was out of order.

I didn't know that about your husband Mews2much. I'm glad his leukemia is now in remission.

I know I am fairly new, but none of you who are going through the difficult times mentioned earlier in this thread ever whined or complained or peppered your posts with self pity. I admire all of you for your strength and positive outlooks. I'm sending heartfelt good vibes your way.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Thanks Everyone,
I try to keep the problems out of the sites.
Shannon sorry your sister has cancer.
I do not know if any of you have seen some of the blankets I use at the shows.
I had my mentor make those for me in memory of my mom who died from breast cancer in 1999.
I do not think I posted about my friend dying last month.
I found out at the cat show that he died and my dads cat was found dead outside a few weeks ago.
I think we all have bad luck right now.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you are not getting this! Or are just turning a blind eye. The bashing is not being done on the forum it is in pm's , email and via facebook and then after they speak bad of you they delete you as a friend. These people have no shame when bashing someone in this way but hide behind the image they try to create and have no guts to post any of this publicly because they know their true ugly colors will show. There are plenty of places they have available to them but they choose to bash behind close doors and live the lies in life they lead. There have not been any names mentioned here, yet messages come in to members to say stop bashing them on this forum, or that they are wrong and you have to do this or you can not do that. Lets see to me if there is something posted on a public forum stating please leave us alone, or threads from members standing up for them self only because they did something they believe in and then people start emailing you and bashing you and then tell you that there was no need to bash them on sphynxlair when I see no name ever mentioned who the heck do you think is guilty???? There is more then one member who has had a problem and has come to us.

That being said, it is perfectly clear that they come here and read all of our daily posts,well this one is just for them. When you see someone bashing anyone including yourself on Sphynxlair please sweetie email me asap at [email protected] and we will take care of it, because we do not allow this kind of thing here. Until then I ask that you all take your lies some place else and to stop harassing our members. It is clear that your lives are not so great and if I where you I would concentrate of fixing that rather then acting the role of the sphynx police!

Trust me my husband and I have been together for 19 years, are almost done raising 2 children who are now teens,have had our fair share of pets and lots of ups and downs so I think we are perfectly capable of raising a sphynx or 2, or 3, or 4(as many as we wish). Also we are strong enough to take all your garbage with a grain of salt. We are stronger then this bs and the lies and stupidity you choose to create. It will take a bit more that a few week minded people to achieve your little goal and destroy the biggest and best sphynx site there is!

Sorry to all of you once again for going thru this with us and thank you for standing behind us. Yes we could have messaged these people and done this privately but we have nothing to hide and speak the truth so that members that have unfortunately had to deal with these people can hold their head up high and know that they are the better person.

Back