Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Please pray for Zhuri

Marerickson

Lairian
hi all! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I just wanted to take a second to request positive vibes and prayers for Zhuri as she will be getting spayed tomorrow morning! I am a complete nervous wreck! I am absolutely making myself sick to my stomach over the thought of it and I wish I could just fast forward to the time when I receive the phone call from the vet saying all went well and that i can come pick her up! I love her so much!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Marerickson , awhhh .. We will be sending positve vibes for Zhuri and speedy recovery vibes
Will be looking for positive updates tomorrow
Great advice to remind ** NO Ketamine **anesthesia - ( it can have a rebound effect on heart )
I tape an envelope to their crates " No Ketamine " amd confirm it at drop off

My vet uses "ISO" for anesthesia

Extra snuggles tonight !
I feel that way everytime I have dropped them off for a spay /neuter -
They come home and look at me like what the heck were you worried for I am fine :)

Marerickson

Lairian
@Marerickson , awhhh .. We will be sending positve vibes for Zhuri and speedy recovery vibes
Will be looking for positive updates tomorrow
Great advice to remind ** NO Ketamine **anesthesia - ( it can have a rebound effect on heart )
I tape an envelope to their crates " No Ketamine " amd confirm it at drop off

My vet uses "ISO" for anesthesia

Extra snuggles tonight !
I feel that way everytime I have dropped them off for a spay /neuter -
They come home and look at me like what the heck were you worried for I am fine :)
Thanks so much!!

Marerickson

Lairian
@Marerickson Lair Prayers are sent and she will do great. Just remind vet not to use Ketamine for the anesthesia. It is natural to worry...I did every time one went in. Killed me as our vet keeps females overnight after spaying.

Patti
Thanks so much! My vet is having her comehome the same day which also worries me but at least I can lay with her and baby her knowing she is okay instead of worrying all night long that she is in a cage at the vet!

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Marerickson Buck & Pinky are sending head butts and healing vibes! I know EXACTLY how you feel...I'm sending BIG HUGS with my healing vibes!!! We had both boys done on Tuesday...I was worried sick and I was only expecting Buck to be done....but they bounced right back! I hope Zhuri does just as well!!!:love::kiss:

Marerickson

Lairian
@Marerickson Buck & Pinky are sending head butts and healing vibes! I know EXACTLY how you feel...I'm sending BIG HUGS with my healing vibes!!! We had both boys done on Tuesday...I was worried sick and I was only expecting Buck to be done....but they bounced right back! I hope Zhuri does just as well!!!:love::kiss:
ThAnk you!! So glad your boys did well! I wish i was having them both done together so I don't have to go through it again!! I will keep you guys posted! I feel like my vet was weird about not using ketamine although they said they would not if i was against it so i am also stressed about that whole thing! Aghhhh no sleep for me tonight lol

Marerickson

Lairian
Hey all! I have an acquaintance at the vet Zhuri is at & like a crazy cat mom, I reached out to her on Facebook to see if she would give Zhuri some extra love for me and check on her if she happens to be working today and she said she had already been snuggling her this morning and she is doing just great she is done with her surgery already just relaxing/recovering now. Such a relief!!! I'm hoping she might send me a picture but we will see! I can call at 2:00 for my pick-up time! I can't wait to get her home and baby her more than ever!! Poor Raven is so worried, she has never gone a second without Zhuri since we brought her home so she is quite confused why she is the only child this morning, but I am enjoying her extra cuddles! I will update again after I actually speak to the vet this afternoon! Thank you all so much for your well wishes!

Marerickson

Lairian
Well guys zhuri is home much sooner than expected! The vet called and said she was awake and being so affectionate she was literally bruising her face by rubbing against the metal bars of the cage so hard to get out that they allowed me to come and get her sooner. It is heartbreaking to see her like this :cry: she is so out of it and restless. Any tips for post surgery care and for keeping my little rugrat raven away from her so she can rest? They insist she wears an e-collar for at least a week but she is freaking out because of it! Did your ladies or gents have to wear any type of cone/collar to prevent licking the incision? All tips welcome! Thanks again everyone! I will attach pics. Look how red her poor face is from rubbing against the cage :(

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 49

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Marerickson ,,awh.. Speedy recovery vibes sent !
I separated kitties for the first day..
I put kitty in my bedroom with door closed
I set up kitty bed for others outside the room with their own warm blankies, bed .

My Yoda didn't have to use the cone ,my girl hated it - she left her sutures alone and slept most of the first day home- definitely follow your vets advice
Kept giving her heated towels from the dryer and snuggle kisses-
The next day she was revving to go ! I just watched she didn't lick incision or jump to high places -

Surely others will chim in with get tips

Marerickson

Lairian
@Marerickson ,,awh.. Speedy recovery vibes sent !
I separated kitties for the first day..
I put kitty in my bedroom with door closed
I set up kitty bed for others outside the room with their own warm blankies, bed .

My Yoda didn't have to use the cone ,my girl hated it - she left her sutures alone and slept most of the first day home- definitely follow your vets advice
Kept giving her heated towels from the dryer and snuggle kisses-
The next day she was revving to go ! I just watched she didn't lick incision or jump to high places -

Surely others will chim in with get tips
Thank you! She has Finally calmed down. She would not sit still when she we got home but i have her heated pad and a cozy blanket set up and she is relaxing a little bit better now! It is so stressful to watch our babies to through this! And to think I have to do it all over again in October with raven :(

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Awww sweet Zhuri. If she was rubbing the bars, don't freak if by tomorrow they scab up a bit, we see it happen often. I can see on the one side her brow and whisker pad looks a bit pink. I love the cone your vet gave you and I have had the best results with it. Mine freaked over the harder one. She should get used to it by tomorrow. With our boy I did buy the inflatable e-collar and he also did well with it.

Last edited:

Marerickson

Lairian
Awww sweet Zhuri. If she was rubbing the bars, don't freak if by tomorrow they scan up a bit, we see if happen often. I can see on the one side her brow and whisker pad looks a bit pink. I love the cone your vet gave you. Mine freaked over the harder one. She should get used to it by tomorrow. With our boy I did buy the inflatable e-collar and he also did well with it.
Thanks! I might see if i can get an inflatable one, she is so upset about this one it is making her distraught!

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yay Zhuri's home! Buck and Pinky are so relieved! I'm really glad she did so well! Those were the prayers being sent. The boys pretty much slept the first day... the next day they were back to themselves other than not jumping. They didn't really jump for two three days. I bought the soft inflatable cone and they never even used it. My vet said they really didn't need it. And since we were only expecting Buck to be done I only had one at the time. But we had put it on him a few times ahead of time to get him a little used to it... he wasn't crazy about it but it didn't seem to bother him that much either. I think it's a much simpler procedure on the boys because they don't really get an incision per se... keep us updated and let us know how she's doing! Still sending lots of hugs and healing vibes your way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YEAH! Buck & Pinky will be so happy their girls are good!!! I'm glad your stress is relieved! Prayers that her healing is quick and speedy!:love::love::love:

Back