Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Please,, Prayers or Sam .. multiple seizures in past 24 hours

Yoda mom

Staff member
thank you all. been a long week. Sam is up walking on his own, eating good and knock on wood, doing good. had to run up to store to get meds (my heart in lap leaving him but use a cheapo merkury camera to peek in on him).

thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers for my baby Sam. he is just the sweetest soul. was a good day so far today, squeeked his santa hedgehog, wth. let him have it early. everyday a gift. bubba bear was diabetic. and that was a walk in the park compared to epilepsy.

@Beckinboots , Macie Mae is doing good! she played with sam and his hedgehog lovin on him. then beat the snot out of his bunny toy. she has been her vocal happy self and playing more. I am encourage the hills a/d mixed with water. she is a a goofball, only wants to eat at same time dogs eat. alll paws crossed here. I know the A/D is not the best for her ckd, but need to get some nutrition in her

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I thoroughly endorse this update. More like this please.
thank you all. been a long week. Sam is up walking on his own, eating good and knock on wood, doing good. had to run up to store to get meds (my heart in lap leaving him but use a cheapo merkury camera to peek in on him).

thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers for my baby Sam. he is just the sweetest soul. was a good day so far today, squeeked his santa hedgehog, wth. let him have it early. everyday a gift. bubba bear was diabetic. and that was a walk in the park compared to epilepsy.

@Beckinboots , Macie Mae is doing good! she played with sam and his hedgehog lovin on him. then beat the snot out of his bunny toy. she has been her vocal happy self and playing more. I am encourage the hills a/d mixed with water. she is a a goofball, only wants to eat at same time dogs eat. alll paws crossed here. I know the A/D is not the best for her ckd, but need to get some nutrition in her

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Aryasmum , :) thank you! totally agree, . some say noise can be triggers for seizures. for him it is like a pacifier . he grabs after he has had seizures in the past.. lo not sure how long the squeeker will actuallly last... he is going to town on it

Yoda mom

Staff member
please continued prayers for Sam..

12/5: update: today I was getting Beloved Bubba Bear's insulin and supplies together to paw it forward to a member in the diabetic group. today is 8 weeks since he got his angel wings.

I took Sam out and he collapsed rear hind legs and a whine. just like Bubba Bear did when he got his angel wings from Degenerative Myelopathy paralysis.
My heart sank immediately and wasnt sure if DM progressing or ready to start having another seizure.
I got Sam back up. I put down extra throw rugs and got his harness ready again.

whoever you pray to... please .... my heart cant take much more. DM is an evil incurable disease of the spinal cord. Sam is progressingly showing more signs :(

then I leave to drive up the block to meet Wanda to give diabetic supplies for her pup and the garage door breaks...got it back down manually and left to meet wanda.
I cried when I gave her the supplies, made it soo real Bubba Bear is gone.

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no, so sorry to hear about Sam, sometimes life/nature seems so unfair, you have already been through so much. Sending comforting prayers for you and Sam xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@nudebea , thank you for checking in on Sam. everyminute a gift. He has so many health issues including non treatable degenerative myelopathy. DM is what his brother Bubba Bear got his wings suddenly from collapsed paralyzed .

Vet examined Sam, and he does have DM too :(. the other day he collapsed walking out the door, my heart sank. I got him back up and helped him outside. then I watch him closely for seizures... he is hanging in there. He has no idea what is all going on inside, Tcc bladder cancer, horners syndrome, epiliepsy and progressing DM. I love on him and do the best I can. he is still enjoying hedgehog and cuddles. I know it can change in an instant. everytime I here his foot hit the door or turns wrong, my heart sinks. taking deep breaths enjoying every minute we are blessed to have together.

much love hugs n head kisses your way...
he loves his belly rubs
1638982090540.png

Last edited:

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sam is so lucky that your paths crossed and you adopted him. My heart aches for you as I know this must be such an anxious time you are going through .Sending love and hugs you're way xxx

Back