Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Poll on 'how bare'

How Bare or naked is your Sphynx?

• Totally bare

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Some peach fuzz on feet/face/tail

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • Suede all over

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Okay, I don't see any way to make a poll, but I'm asking... LOL!

How bare is your Sphynx? If you have multiple- how bare are they?

A. Totally bare
B. Some peach fuzz on feet/face/tail
C. Suede all over
D. Else

Just curious :)

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Freya is B, she has fuzz on her hips tail and face.

My GummiBare (I love the way that sounds) Is A, she is a complete nudist!

J

Jinxlover

WELL!?!? Before the babies she was B, now C.
I'm hoping it will fall out..When I pet her the fuzz falls out in my hand.

J

Jinxlover

She got fuzzy with babies? weird, lol, or completely normal, I have no idea. :Laugh:

I got fuzzy with my babies to:LOL::LOL:
I think It's normal for some, we will see after she drys up. Before she was almost naked, just a tiny amount of hair on her nose and ears.

dragynflye

Lairian
not quite an "a", so i guess that makes him a "b"!

other than his tiny white nose patch (which i love to pet), kimo is completely bald.

i have to say that i absolutely LOVE the look of a sphynx with a furry tail! i don't know why, i just do. i also love furred kitties with plumed tails, so i guess it's kinda the same thing!

Husband should no tbe allowed to read over my shoulder.

He is making silly and inappropriate comments about our chosen topic of compairing bare....

Well, you can guess where he was going with that.

He makes me so proud *sigh*
:LOL::LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have to go with A) completely bare. Ball has a little bit of hair on his nose. And the slightest hint of hair on his feet and tail. He does have a very fine peach fuzz covering his back which seems to get more peachy fuzzy with age. Other than that he's bare. In fact, I didn't expect him to be that bare when I got him.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie is a C. She has is currently sort of sticky bald on the top of her head and belly tho. I think I rubbed all the fuzzes off of it! lol

holly_savage

Banned
Hibou has rex-like fur(wavy) on her tail...but I think it's more of a winter coat cuz it's falling out some. She's got some on her face, ears and feet, and on the rest it's more of a peach fuzz...(sorry Mug-Y's Mommy) but barely there! The underbelly / white parts are sticky bald, but the darker areas have the peach fuzz. She got a lot darker over the winter so maybe she'll lighten up over the summer???

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ya'll are cracking me up! I have two that are B's and one that is more C. My stud is close to A, but not quite there. I really prefer a little bit of fuzz on my Sphynxes- makes them sooo much easier to take care of! LOL!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bea is mostly all skin. she has a small patch of black hair on her nose. sometimes when her skin clears up (she has super sensitive skin) she has a small patch of "peach fuzz" on her upper thigh area on both hips (black kitty)

Bronxe is almost always 'peach fuzz' all over. he also has a small patch of white hair on his nose. he has a tiny bite of curly hair on his ears. one winter he grew hair on his ears that was pretty 'thick' (for him) and he has a little puff of hair on the very end of his tail. although now, those two spots are pretty thin. (white kitty)

my icon to post picture in message isn't working or i would have attached to show.

J

Jinxlover

Husband should no tbe allowed to read over my shoulder.

He is making silly and inappropriate comments about our chosen topic of compairing bare....

Well, you can guess where he was going with that.

He makes me so proud *sigh*
:LOL::LOL:

:LOL::LOL: Don't you love a good husband? Some days I love mine almost as much as my cat:LOL::Hysterical:

susi794

Staff member
Most of mine are B's but Moody is an A and when the girls get pregnant, they are more like C's or even other. So, we span all the choices offered.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
I call Teeka the suede heating pad. She also has a rather thick, short bit of fur up the bridge of her nose to between her eyes. Occasionally she'll grow a whisker or two, but they're rather bent and crooked looking and will fall out after a couple of days.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mug-Y is pretty much an A, with only the tiniest white patch on the tip of his nose.

Thanks for all the peach references by the way! :Dizzy::Dizzy:

X

Back