Poo Question *Graphic*

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by JessLynn, Jun 26, 2010.

1. JessLynn

JessLynnLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $323.93
    Ratings:
    +10
    Has anyone else's cats had explosive dirariah?? Poor Belza went potty today and I heard her going.. It sounded like she was peeing but it sure didn't smell like it!! :Shok: And after she was done going potty she had poo all over her back feet, tail and butt.. And if I don't catch her right after she's done it's a mess! I was also cleaning the litter box tonight after work and noticed she splattered it up the side of the box! ( It's a covered Boda dome box) :Badly2:

She just started this today and has gone twice that I know of.. I feel bad for the poor little girl. She's had soft stools lately but not like this. I started feeding her pumpkin last week and stopped yesterday because we ran out. Could this upset her tummy? She is drinking and eating like normal too. If things don't clear up in a few days I'm going to take her to the vet but I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience or knows what is going on. Thank you!

2. holly_savage

holly_savageBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $5.00
    Ratings:
    +649
    I have noticed a few liquid piles in the litter bow now and again...but I know that a lot of folks on here have had more experience with dealing with these issues...hope it goes away on it's own.

3. admin

adminAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $289,189.20
    Ratings:
    +18,109
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    Do a search on diarrhea in the search bar up top, there is a load of information on this subject! Hope your kitty is feeling better soon!:ThumbsUp:

4. Sam lewis

Sam lewisV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,018.17
    Ratings:
    +736
    • Bear
    • Butterfly 1
    Sounds like she's having a rough time! Mo suffers from bouts of diarrhea on and off, if she has irritable bowel disease it's a case of finding her food that agrees with her and sticking to a strict feeding routine. She may be sensitive. Mo has low allergen food. But I'd get her checked over at the vets to check there isn't anything more serious. Has she done a stool specimen at the vets?

5. ckutkuhn7

ckutkuhn7Banned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $43.00
    Ratings:
    +2,877
    Hope your kitty feels better soon. That sounds like an awful tummy ache!

6. MissMySphynxBoys

MissMySphynxBoysGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $502.00
    Ratings:
    +2,259
    Definitely do a "diarrhea" search of the forum. There is tons of useful information here that I hope will help you and poor Belza. Hope she feels better soon.

7. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynxAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,141.16
    Ratings:
    +3,088
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    Well it sounds like that is some yucky poo:Badly: if this keeps up you have to see the vet to find out what is up. Pumkin is great but only if you know there is not something wrong that you are masking with the pumkin helping to make solid poo. We give it to our dog every time she eats she is old and just has bad poop problems but nothing medical, I can not run out of pumkin or it would be a big mess.

8. JessLynn

JessLynnLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $323.93
    Ratings:
    +10
    I don't think she had an episode with the poops today! They all looked solid when I cleaned out her litter box tonight :ThumbsUp: But she has been very lethargic and laying around all day..
    I haven't done a stool sample at the vet. If I did that I wouldn't be sure what I was looking for. But I will do a search on here about diarrhea and see what would be going on. If she's still looking bad Monday I'll call the vet because they are closed on Sunday. Thank you everyone for the comments/help!

9. Sleepyheadkitten

SleepyheadkittenSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $26.00
    Ratings:
    +643
    Lethargic would make me get her into the vet to have her checked out- not necessarily an emergency, but still lethargy is not a good sign along with diarrhea.

10. JessLynn

JessLynnLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $323.93
    Ratings:
    +10
    It might have been because we have been gone all day? Right now she is bouncing off the walls running around like a mad cat! :Woo:

Is it possible for a kitty to get a 24 hour flu or something? Kind of like us humans get?

11. Candys

CandysV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $1,092.28
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    We had a rescue cat that was allergic to cow's milk and had horrible poos like that. My vet recommends kaolin pectin - it is like kaopeptat (sp?) or liquid peptobismal is fine in a dropper. 1 full dropper per day. If it does not get better then off to the vet.