Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Poor Jack to the ER

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had been gone ALL day and evening (very unusual for me) and when I got home noticed Jack was hot, his body was fire red, foaming around mouth, and throwing up foamy clear stuff. He also looked very dehydrated. I was in tears and took him in. His temp was 105 degrees! They gave him fluids, something for nausea, and IV antibiotic. They came to the conclusion he found a bug or something and ate it which prob caused some bacteria to get into his system. He is back home sleeping, poor baby. I wish I could but have to go help hubby for awhile.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I had been gone ALL day and evening (very unusual for me) and when I got home noticed Jack was hot, his body was fire red, foaming around mouth, and throwing up foamy clear stuff. He also looked very dehydrated. I was in tears and took him in. His temp was 105 degrees! They gave him fluids, something for nausea, and IV antibiotic. They came to the conclusion he found a bug or something and ate it which prob caused some bacteria to get into his system. He is back home sleeping, poor baby. I wish I could but have to go help hubby for awhile.

Oh poor Jack:Cry: what kind of bug do you think it was? We have stink bugs here and alot of them if ours eat them well if they try to they vomit as soon as they get a taste, I hate to think of what would happen if they swallow one:Sweat:
Keep us posted on how he is doing and tell him to please feel better.:Kiss:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
His fever is down but he doesn't look that well to me. He is broke out head to tail in a red rough rash. He is still drooling but not foaming at the mouth and is very lethargic. No more vomiting at least. If he isn't much better in the am he is going back first thing.:Cry: It breaks my heart to see him like this!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Aww poor baby! A moment ago a spider (a tiny one) was crawling across the floor and I saw Snuffie stalking it, your situation with Jack flashed before my eyes and I did a classic baseball base reach flying through the air thing with a shoe in my hand trying to save her! I just didn't want to know the possibilty of the unknown coming to life. The flying leap was amazing tho, Jim said he wished he had it on video. I hope Jack is feeling better in the morning.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yep...he is real. He is a sulcata tortoise and will get much bigger. He is around 25lbs now. His name is Bubba.

Wow - I want to see some photos of him! I am an all around animal lover. I've saved many a turtle from the roads before. Found a huge one once, (down in NC, we lived right by a large river) I stopped and moved him because he would have seriously taken an axle out if someone had hit him. lol Poor things are so vunerable in our world.

Back