Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

positive vibes please for Zolo bubba bear rottie

Yoda mom

Staff member
my 7 year old rottie ,Zolo aka - bubba bear is acting a little off, lethargic , poor appetite, some slight front leg quivers when sitting. just not himself. his appetite has decreased and got sick twice throwing up his food after drinking a bunch of water. I am worried because I sadly learned a few years ago that his bloodlines has Addison's disease. ( ugh bac yard breeder )

He has many of the addison symptoms :( so off to the vet Thurs afternoon for blood tests to rule out Addison's disease.

if anyone has experience with Addison's with their dog, good or bad, I would greatly appreciate your input.

appreciate some good vibes his way... he is such a sweetie,.. just hope it's nothing serious.
He did have a leg lump removed last year and I did not test it for cancer (they keep it for a year i I want to test it) as all my rotties in my life had bone cancer and have been down that road too many times with this sweet breed.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lots of prayers from us that its nothing serious! Poor bubba bear, its so hard to see them not feeling right. I'm sure he knows his mom will have him feeling back to himself in no time.

Beckinboots

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lair prayers sent for Zola. I hope all of the tests come back negative and it's just a minor blip.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh no! I really hope it’s just a little doggie flu or something...

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Lizanne

Lairian
I'm so sorry.. Sending lots of hugs kisses and prayers

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
thank you all for the positive vibes...my heart sinks knowing he is getting older and is in that window when they often start getting medical issues... he ate tonight and held it down.. still mopey but is chewing on his busy buddy jack right now while telling him he is going to the vet to make him feel better.. he intently listens to every word ;)
my cell phone takes aweful grainy pics
1581469318683.png

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Catzzzmeow he is such a good soul... he talks with me mumbling back all the time ..he is so funny.. Batman has taken to rubbing his face on his busy buddy jack ... he just patiently waits for his toy back

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That expression speaks volumes

Yoda mom

Staff member
still mopey and was not eager to eat, I actually had to crumble the stella and chewys freeze dried morsels on it ( sample bag from rep at store.. .kitties refuse to eat it, except Yoda as a dry treat ).

glad we are going to the vet for some tests. he is just off .. he did enjoy laying in the morning sun on the pool lanai this morning while I watered the Orchids... usually he follows me around but he just slept in the sun,

thank you all for the positive thoughts for my sweet Zolo Bubba Bear

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I’m praying that even if it is something you don’t want to hear, the vet has a good plan to treat your buddy.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Will be looking for updates from your vet visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
tried to get in today on standby for a cancellation... will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.
he ate slowly today, then lost his balance when taking a pee in his usual squat girly like position :(
smiley , cuddling with me out in the sunshine today sitting by the pond behind the house today... but definitely off.
did not want to play , just wanted to lay on my lap

thanks for all the prayers and positive vibes... I know its a Sphynx forum and I really do appreciate the care and concern for my
Zolo Bubba Bear Rottie

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
As you always say, all lair are family.

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope it's something minor but I know how you feel. My sphynxes are 6, 8 and 9 and I worry about this age because I saw what can happen before with my siameses. Sending positive vibes for Zolo.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom (((BIG HUGS))) and healing vibes sent for you and the gorgeous lovely Zolo!! What an adorable big lovebug! I hope it's nothing serious... :(

Yoda mom

Staff member
thank you everyone soo much for the thoughts and caring...
vet visit later today..
he is still mopey and really didn't even want to eat ..usually he would need a slow feeder !
he didn't want his dental treats he goes crazy for too... ,wobbly when taking his loooong pee. I am guessing bcz something hurts, kidneys ,etc.

he feels slightly warm to me too.. will do the temp and full work up at the vet today,
sigh.... hopefully get blood work results back tomorrow and not have to wait o over the weekend.

Yoda mom

Staff member
thanks all, just back from the vet.
Zolo does have a temperature. did multiple xrays to rule out obstruction... lol he is so big and was scared to be picked up they asked me to come help them get him up on the table... 5 of us :) he was such a good boy. heart lungs sounded good, no lymph node swelling., nothing stuck inside his bowels or tummy. spleen is tiny. all looked okay on xrays.

we did multiple blood tests.. getting results in the morning.. they are holding a vial of blood in case his blood work results indicates need to check for cortisol level as well as a ACTH test for addison's disease ,, which his half sister I learned has,,, same mother.
vet told me it is rare for male rotties to get addison. usually sees it in female dogs, has not ruled it out... all we can do is what for his blood work values tomorrow. he pees an awful lot forever. hoping the kidneys aren't involved.

will NOT t Dr Google and drive myself nuts with what ifs... will leave it to the blood test results and Vets professional diagnosis.

appreciate continued prayers... my poor bubba bear... he was a real trooper today with all the poking, prodding and multiple attempts by staff to lift him up on the xray table.. he didn't grumble, just let us do what we needed to do.

he did lose 9 lbs in a week and a half :( since he last nail trim pawdicure we do every 2 weeks there.. he is 135 now
will check his temperature later tonite.

on a side more upbeat note.... the vet said he had the cleanest ears she had seen all day :) . Gotta Love Trizultra!