Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pouting Sphynx

So we left on Sunday morning and returned late Tuesday afternoon. Gable and Amaryllis stayed at home. I was quite worried as I had never been away from them overnight. Grandpa was going to come feed and spend some time with his Grandcats but actually wound up sleeping there Monday night as he said they "seemed lonely". They were happy to sleep with him, one on his head, one on his chest.

I was so excited to get home to be greeted with excited meowing from Sphynx who had missed me! Ummm no...

Amaryllis did not seem to have noticed we were even gone. She came to the door, greeted us with a couple of mews and went back to her bed. I had to actually look for Gable. Well, I called him downstairs by shaking his bag of Greenies. I gave him a Greenie and went to pet him, he promptly turned his cat butt to me and walked away! He did not want me to pet him all day!! He would meow at me and actually turn away from me every time I tried to pet him! He didn't even come to bed with me! He always comes to bed with me! Grandpa stopped by last night though and that bratty Sphynx boy ran over to Grandpa and wouldn't leave his side!

So much for being missed by my cats. One didn't care that I was gone and the other is pouting that I went. They are just like my children. Hee hee! At least no one asked "What did you bring me?"

If he keeps it up, I think I will give him a bath. That will show him...LOL

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
What a bunch of sassy naked brats!
Haji pouts for a few minutes each time i come home after leaving him, but usually he cant help himself and crawls up right to me!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
lol cute story...sorry you didnt get the running sphynx hugs as you wished for. Sounds like something Snuffie does sometimes when I'm gone for a bit tho too. lol

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL Sounds familiar After extended absences, Kienna would always act all lovey-dovey, then he'd make sure I saw him poop right outside his litterbox. Then, all would be back to normal. That would happen everytime I was away for more than 1 night. Guess it was his way of saying he missed me! :Dizzy:

At least it sounds like they had a good time while you were gone! :ThumbsUp:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh how funny. They are just that way. They have to rub it in. I bet tomorrow will be a different attitude. Those cats.:Dizzy:

After extended absences, Kienna would always act all lovey-dovey, then he'd make sure I saw him poop right outside his litterbox. Then, all would be back to normal. :Dizzy::
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I found puke on the floor by my side of the bed when I went upstairs!!!! :Surprise:
All is good now. In fact, he has wanted in my lap all day today!!!

Back