Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Loric4712

Lairian
:cry:

Please help this spread all over the internet. BREAK THE INTERNET. FORGET
ABOUT KIM K! I LOVE MY BABY :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

He is already at NHVS and the surgery is being performed tomorrow. :cry::cry::cry:

Pray that he does not have any complications please! Feel free to share other links if you have a problem with your baby! I will help spread it

:cry::cry::cry:

Please Pray, send positive vibes, etc. Let me know if you need me to do the same.

I am attaching the last pic I took of him today :cry::cry::cry:

Attachments

• DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 38

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Lair Prayers are sent. Hoping to hear a great update tomorrow. This is from reoccurring polyps or am I missing something?

Patti

Loric4712

Lairian
Bless your heart

Yes, it's a reoccurring polyp in his right ear. The first procedure (can't remember scientific name for it) performed on him in Jan. 2013 was just scraping the top of the poylp off while there was a 60% chance of it reoccurring. Now they are going to perform a Ventral Bulla Osteotomy where they remove the base of the polyp from the ear canal.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Loric4712 , ((Hugs ))) and prayers sent to you and Loric for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
Please please keep us updated !
Give him extra healing head
kisses from me And my zoo

Loric4712

Lairian
Dr. Hinton called me around 3:00pm (central time) with good news :rolleyes:. The CT scan showed no signs of another polyp. :shy:There was only wax/liquid/tissue build up from the surgery performed in Jan. 2013. She was still insistent on making an incision into the bulla to get all the bad stuff out :meh: Crossing my fingers he doesn't not get permanent Horner's syndrome or any other complications after surgery. Not too sure if there was a less dangerous or cheaper way to go with it but I feel like this will be the only way to get a truly thorough cleaning.

http://www.vetsurgerycentral.com/ventral bulla.htm
Lor.jpg
IMG_1549.jpg
image1.JPG

Loric4712

Lairian
He is doing a lot better guys. He has been home with us since Friday. There are about 11 stitches/staples running down his neck and he has a bit of horners syndrome. It seems to get a tiny bit better every day, there are even some points in the day where it looks like its completely gone for a little while so I'm thinking he will recover from it completely within a month. If not, I just found out there is someone who does animal acupuncture here in Houston, TX. If acupuncture can heal a cats leg and get them to walk again, I'm pretty sure it can heal something as small as an eyelid, maybe even his head tilt!

Loric4712

Lairian
There was no way he could keep on the E-collar, in fact, he would probably make matters worse by taking it off and scraping it against his stitches. So we are just keeping an eye on him 24/7 and putting on these dog shoes while we sleep, shower, grocery shop, etc. He hates the booties as well but to me they seem a lot less uncomfortable than the E-collar. Anything to keep him from scratching!

Back