Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Prayer request for Tibby

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Please pray for Tibby. He was found this morning unable to use his hind legs and in a lot of pain. He is on his way to the vets but things aren't looking so well. He is my boyfriends cousin's cat and I'm become really good friends with her and she is a fellow rescuer and animal lover. Tibby has had many trials in his life and was on meds for a few other things. This mornings events has taken his human mama and siblings by total surprise.

She is famaliar with HCM and is 95% sure he has passed a clot and thats whats going on. So sad. Here is a photo of poor Tibby.

Attachments

• tibby.jpg
    tibby.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Prayers for him.
It does sound like a blood clot.
My Stripe did that and I lost her but she she did not have HCM.
Another HCM cat did that last week and he is better now.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm just freaked out, I had a dream last night that i was holding a kitty that seized up and ended up getting a clot...it was just weird,,and then this AM I hear about tibby....

Still waiting to hear back from her. *Fingers crossed*

ckutkuhn7

Banned
***UPDATE***
She returned from the vet around 5pm, good news and bad news. The good news is it is not HCM. He has a fractured hip. So this means his immune disease that is he currently being treated for is now attacking his bones now also. His bones look like someone with osteoporosis. They gave him meds for pain and swelling but he probably doesnt have much longer.

This kitty is an approx. 8 yr old neutered male, he was a stray she took in about 8 yrs ago and has been fighting for his life since. He's always had something wrong. Most recently he's been doing really well and was taking his meds and doing great. Just seems that modern medicine can only do so much for him tho.

Please keep Tibby in your thoughts and prayers, he has a painful road ahead if he can pull through.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
She could but she is using a vet she used to work for and trust him with a lot so I doubt she would. She saw the xrays and said his bones look like what a persons bones would look like with osteo and you could see where it was broken. Hopefully she can get his hip healed up.

susi794

Staff member
Poor little Tibby--life sounds as though it has been a real a struggle for him. That makes me love him all the more. I'm going to have a nice conversation with God and ask that He reward the love and kindness Tibby's humans have shown to rescued animals by healing this little boy cat.
From our lips to God's ear.....

holly_savage

Banned
Sorry to hear the bad news...but at least they know what it is and can try to help him now.

We had a cat that all of a sudden loss the use of her back end...never knew what caused it but after a few days at the vet she was good again, so you never know.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thank you everyone!! I told Leslie about all the prayers and positive vibes, she said Thank you so much. They are giving him extra lovings and hoping he pulls through. He seems to really like his pain meds. lol

susi794

Staff member
Thank you everyone!! I told Leslie about all the prayers and positive vibes, she said Thank you so much. They are giving him extra lovings and hoping he pulls through. He seems to really like his pain meds. lol

Can you blame him? LOL--They'd be my best friends if I were him.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Can you blame him? LOL--They'd be my best friends if I were him.

Yea no doubt. I had kidney stones once and they had me on the morphine drip thing,,every concious moment I had I hit that button as many times as I could. lol Needless to say if I were a druggy that would be my drug of choice. lol

Back