Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

prayers for Macie Bengal

Yoda mom

Staff member
update: Macie Mae is starting to eat her food on a more normal routine.. so meds must be kicking in... but.. half her oval dish is new food k/d and she throws it up right away.. ugh. she is acting more busy buddy bengal , fluffy tail zoomies and playing with the pups. a few more days of antibiotics to go and flwup with vet again. thank you for all the love n prayers. think she gained a little weight too

Sheldon13

Staff member
If she is still throwing up, ask your vet if you can add Zofran. It made all the difference for my little boy who was throwing up for 3 days. Ever since we added the Zofran he has kept everything down.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Staff member
It is not OTC. It is RX only. You can get it decently priced at WalMart pharmacy though. Make sure to get the plain tablets, not the dissolving ones because the dissolving ones contain xylitol or phenylalanine’s or something (your vet probably knows this)

Typical kitty dose is 1mg. They come in tiny 4mg tablets that you can quarter.

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 , just looked up Zofran.

my vet probably will not suggest because it is off label. she told me no entyce so figuring the same with this looking at potential side effects.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I would not be worried about liver and kidney issues when the idea is short term administration for an acute issue. No, you would not want to give it long term.

Is she already on Cerenia?

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’d be more worried about stopping the weight loss. It’s a risk vs benefit argument though. You have to do what is best for your situation.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 , no, has not had cerenia. Toby had it years ago. I know it is off label too.

I was just worried about Zofran from reading this in the link I shared. ( it would be my luck with the roll I am on)

Are there any potential side effects?​

Side effects are uncommon. Rare side effects may include constipation, sleepiness, or head shaking. Rare but serious side effects include abnormal heart rhythms and low blood pressure, which may cause fainting/collapse or severe lethargy.

This short-acting medication should stop working within 24 hours, although effects can be longer in pets with liver or kidney disease.

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
update: Macie Mae is starting to eat her food on a more normal routine.. so meds must be kicking in... but.. half her oval dish is new food k/d and she throws it up right away.. ugh. she is acting more busy buddy bengal , fluffy tail zoomies and playing with the pups. a few more days of antibiotics to go and flwup with vet again. thank you for all the love n prayers. think she gained a little weight too
I’m sorry she is still throwing up I agree with what Sheldon said that sometimes you have to weigh up the side-effects versus how long is going to take it for. Have they ruled out liver issues?

that pill is hard to take so you can get gel caps or you can break it down and put it in a syringe with water. Also that pill creates inappetence.

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Yoda mom ❤️
D34C3F17-C066-430F-9CB5-A3DD81855A19.jpeg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@pussiette , awwhhhh. looks like Macie Mae! made me smile!!! thank you..
last day of antibiotics tonight. wants re urine check in 2 weeks.
still puking the k/d food but better holding down her normal nutrisource cat and kitten food. she is definitely more spunky meowing , fluffy playing with the dogs alot too

she is sitting right next to me now :) that is until she hears the medicine bottle open lol

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Glad she’s holding her normal nutrisource cat and kitten food. If it’s a digestive issue the I/D works well. Hugs xx

Yoda mom

Staff member
well, macie got to sample of Claire Bare's bday food before our dinner party later (my sphynx only like to eat wet food at night).

Macie looked at me , and came over and ate a half 5 oz of hills urinary hairball formula ( batman loves the dry food version )over the past couple of hours! lets hope she holds it down! kept giving her just a little bit at a time free feeding

Attachments

• 20210225_094300.jpg
    20210225_094300.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 8
  • sd-feline-adult-urinary-hairball-control-canned-productShot_zoom.jpg
    sd-feline-adult-urinary-hairball-control-canned-productShot_zoom.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 6

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 , Macie is more active and playful with the pups. she nibbles on some proplan urinary focus wet.. she likes to eat with the dogs so I give her a little at a time to see if she holds it down better. she doesnt want the hills urinary wet food anymore. still having some throw ups. will follow up with vet on Monday.

Sheldon13

Staff member
awesome.

I did actually find a resource for a kidney diet raw food. I’ll send you the screenshots.

Back