Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

prayers for my mums furbaby Jefferey

Yoda mom

Staff member
last night my mom called about Jeffrey being sick, this morning :( little to no urine output.. right away new needed vet visit sooner than later in case a blockage...Bless my vet and staff for getting him in this morning asap. we could only meet and drop off. being treated for UTI, and ran around like a nut to get food for him today. he got a shot and liquid meds for 2 weeks 2xday, my mom can't give the meds. so will being going to her house to administer. please keep Jefferey in your prayers. Timing is everything. Emergency vet wanted $975 to walk in the door as a "stabilization" case, estimated over phone be prepared for $1500 plus or euthanize if can't pay.!

Bless Dr Jackson at Beachwood Animal Hospital, New Smyrna Beach.FL to care for Jefferey today especially being short a vet and the crisis of the world.
Dr Jackson, You literally saved his life. ((hugs)))). and the bill out the door with complimentary nail trim and ear cleaning, and all meds $159.00 !
IMG_1839.JPG

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Bless that baby and the team helping to administer meds !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wow that price difference is amazing! I will say a prayer for sweet Jefferey.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
wen to my mom's this morning to give his meds... making him sleepy... still tiny tiny pee piddles in his litter box. all paws crossed the meds bring him to a full recovery.. ran around more this morning 50 miles round trip for 2 cases of food... lol he better like it! he is such a sweet boy. the vet tech said he was only of the cuddliest docile kitties she ever worked with. thanks to all for continued prayers. vet called today to check on him and said she will c/b tmrw too...

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
How is he taking his meds?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 , poor thing had no urine in the bladder so could not do a cystio and none manually. they felt his abdomen , said no blockage, treated with antibiotic shot that last 2 weeks and liquid Torb combo med 2x a day.. looks like dark syrup ewh. @Sheldon13 , vet calling my mom back tomorrow.. I would like to get some urine and get it tested.. my mom is not good at getting urine or giving meds. and he hasn't tinkled in my presence but she said he did pee a little in the box and did not go back in forth to the litter box as frantically as the other day, so all paws crossed