Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Prayers for Sam, Beloved Bubba Bears , brother

Yoda mom

Staff member
Prayers for Sam. Bubba bears littermate, non diabetic. my heart cant take much more.
just came back from vet. Sam has horners syndrome too like bubba bear just diagnosed 2 weeks ago.
Sam can still blink, just came on monday night. Vet said it may change that he cant blink or stay the same. weird, it is same right eye. (also has beginning cataracts, some eye cyst in the other eye , uevitis ,etc.
Sam also has early stages degenerative myelopathy bubba bear got his wings from Tuesday. it is hereditary.
Sam has been controlled epilepsy 4 yrs next month. but his phenobarbital level was in toxic range and liver values high in July. reduced pheno and hopefully his recheck blood work today comes back improved. last year diagnosed with TCC bladder cancer cells on meds for that
He has been on Sam-e supplement and milk thistle since Denamarin has been out of stock everywhere. Sam had blood work drawn for recheck CBC and pheno level. and UA. will know more next week.
My vet took alot of time with Sam. then she showed me with a light what he has going on in both eyes. we did a stain test too that came back fine.
My vet said she is going to consult with canine ophthalmologist friend . she is curious if there are studies of horner's being hereditary. she took a bunch of close up eye pics of both eyes all angels to forward too.
Sam is happy as a clam and with his Duck toy. Vet and tech said was a good boy when they had to get blood jugular again since he has typical rottie always been impossible to get blood from leg veins. vet and 3 techs tried last time and times before. so just go straight jugular draw.
Another gentle giant my baby Sam. He did lose 3 lbs. down to 135. He gave kisses to everyone and pranced out carrying his Duck.
prayers .. pleeease... my heart is still raw
May be an image of 1 person and dog

Comment

Attachments

• 20211007_123650.jpg
    20211007_123650.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 8

Yoda mom

Staff member
photo on the pond out back with his fav duck the day we came home from vet with TCC bladder cancer diagnosis over a year ago now. today photo at vet . he is such a good boy there with everyone. his right eye has horners syndrome , etc. , left eye issues too.
please keep him in your thoughts

Attachments

• 20210929_095527.jpg
    20210929_095527.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 7

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry you're going through all of this stress and heartache. Healing vibes are sent to you and Sam.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Universe stop doing thisto Tammy! Sending all positive vibes and hugs I can find to you and Sam