Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Prayers for Zolo Bubba Bear

Yoda mom

Staff member
can't catch a break here. poor Zolo bubba bear now has a sore on his foot/toes. he yelped last week when out in the yard with me on a slow walk. started him back on Deramaxx for his joints.

It is at the same area end of his scar where he had a lump removed on his foot last year. praying it is not cancer related. I didn't biopsy it at the time (they hold onto it to test if I want but all my rotties got osteosarcoma ) . hopeful just a lick granuloma but they can be caused by cancer too. rotties always see to get things when in that age 6-9. he will be 9 xmas day. so soaking it, got antibiotics and vet check next week. poor thing, diabetic, a foot lump removed last year, canine tooth extracted last year (almost died in surgery), now this. he is such a good boy to give insulin, check blood sugar, soak feet etc. he just cant catch a break. my crew is keeping me on my toes, sorry if I have been MIA lately.

Attachments

• bubba bear tree.jpg
    bubba bear tree.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 20

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh your poor baby. Thank goodness he has you as his mommy. Your doing so much and everything you can to make him love life. They bigger the rotti the bigger the baby.
My heart goes out to you both and I shall pray it is nothing serious this time.
May his smile and his tail be there greeting you everyday day

Yoda mom

Staff member
update, sick to my gut.
it started to bleed :( and looks like nail pushing out a bit. I suspect squamous cell carcinoma of the toe. (SCC). :(
a most recent pic now bleeding, and one the other day

today, I had to take my moms cat to the vet. while I was there , I showed the pic to the vet . told her it just started to bleed last night on a spot on his toe and some blood droplets on the floor.

I told her they were not able to get an appt till next week (emailed a pic last and said was okay till next week, ) and he is getting the antibiotics cephalexin. I told vet today, I was worried it is SCC toe cancer pushing the nail out bleeding and can be common in rotties.
Vet I have known forever, did not say a word, but I saw it in her eyes with her mask on when I showed her the pic and asked to rule out SCC.she said she wants to see him tomorrow .
my heart can't take much more. @pussiette , the tides feel like they are changing to a Tsunami here with my crew.

Attachments

• 20210610_092305.jpg
    20210610_092305.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210607_115200.jpg
    20210607_115200.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 17
  • zolo bubba bear deck (1).jpg
    zolo bubba bear deck (1).jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 20

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Catzzzmeow is right. All of your four legged babies are lucky to have you. He probably isn't aware anything might be wrong so just give him as much love as possible. Everything still crossed for a positive vet visit x

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My heart is aching for your distress. I send all the love and strength to be strong to handle this new situation. You are doing everything humanly possible. No other mommy can do more for their beautiful babies.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hopefully, it will be nothing too serious. You are a great mom to all your babies. Fingers crossed that the appointment goes well! (((Hugs)))

Back