Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Prayers needed :,(

Yoda mom

Staff member
@DobsMom13046 , awwwhhhhhhh cute alarm!
A lair full of prayers and positve vibes comtinue for you and Dobs the fighter !
Love love that picture!

Enjoy your snuggles with your movie :)
Great update!
Keep them coming !
Stay positve - Fwiw , many years ago
My boy was misdiagnosed and had a long happy life
Ya just never know how they surprise us :)
Be strong perseverance !

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Good to hear you're enjoying the day together. Glad Dobs is doing well now. All fingers and paws crossed this will be for a long time.

Dobs is a very handsome and cute boy!

DobsMom13046

Lairian
IMG_20180915_190930_385.jpg
All is still going well. This medicine they have him on was a God send. Hes currently hunting a fly in my apartment. His new favorite toy is a crumpled up paper ball. He is so so clumsy. I've never met another cat like him.Enjoy this photo from tonight as the sun set on his here in Illinois.

Cate and Dobs the fighter. <3

Yoda mom

Staff member
@DobsMom13046 ,Hi Cate :) (((((Smooch ))))) thst handsome boy for me!
Great update !

Good boy Dobs the fighter !
He is Sooo stunning in the photo!

Lol mine are clumsy too

Isn't it funny we buy toys and they prefer household toys!

Keep the good news updates coming !

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So glad to hear that he is doing so well. Niko is clumsy one too lol. Him Letty and Yoda broke my blinds in my bedroom 2 days ago the stinks. Decided that they all wanted to look outside at the same time while they were closed and I might add it was 11 o'clock at night so I'm sure nothing to see and all 3 came crashing down when the broke them . Little stinkers.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

DobsMom13046

Lairian
IMG_20180915_190549_321.jpg
Hello again. All is still well. I had a few questions. This medication they have Dobs on can dehydrate him as it is helping pull the fluid off of his lungs and heart. Can anyone here tell me signs to watch for?
Is cold paws one ? He get cold paws every now and again but if we wrap up or play for a little while it seems to go away. Or change in eye goop? His looks kinda dark today? He seems to be doing okay and I've seen him drinking I just want to make sure he is in fact getting the liquids he needs. I have one of those little water fountains so he has moving water. He doesnt seem to mind it. He also gets 2 cans of wet food a day so I figure hes getting some hydration from those.

Hope someone can help :)

Cate & Dobs the Fighter

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Usually the best gauge is their breathing when it comes to heart issues. Taking a base rate when they are at rest and not purring is when you start counting breaths per minute. Any changes is a good indicator to get them checked.

Last edited:

DobsMom13046

Lairian
His breathing has gotten better now that he is on this med for the last 2.5 weeks. I'm worried about his hydration tho. I want to make sure he is getting the water he needs so these meds dont leave him dehydrated.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@DobsMom13046 Adorable picture of Dobs!
I find mine will drink more water by putting a few water bowls away from their food dish and change it at least twice a day .

I also keep on hand clear unflavored only pedialyte for hydration
Mine had a water fountain but it gets invisibles slimy within a day or two and the motor had to be taken complete apart at least once a week to clean the gunk and magnet inside .
So now I went with those little raised stainless double bowls I use onot for water . I really have seen improve dearer consumption having the water bowl a few feet away from food .

I also keep on hand nutrical supplement .

So Glad Dobs breathing has improved with meds ! Yah! Dobs the fighter !
Big head smooches from me !

(Ps- My crew gets cold paws from time to time as well as sometimes brown eye boogers
.. If they are green eye boogers that can be sings of an infection)

gojira14

Lairian
View attachment 87164 By little fighter has the wet form of FIP. I'm lost and heart broken. I believe he is unable to fight this becuase of his genetics and I'm devastated. Ive only had this sweet boy for a month and I now have to decided when to let him go. :,(
We are going for a second opinion before making our painful decision... But it's not looking very good at all. Thank you to everyone who is praying for my little boy and for talking with me. I'm sorry for such sad news. Hug your naked babies close. I pray that everything goes well for everyone else and your little nuggets. No one should have to go through this sadness.
Keep praying for us. Keep us in your thought.

Thank you for everything.
Cate&Dobs

Ps if anyone knows more about FIP or knows any possible options (I know they r limited) please chime in.

I’m so sorry you are going thru this. Give him all the love you can. God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DobsMom13046

Lairian
IMG_20180930_105711_890.jpg
Good Morning Everyone! Just wanted to stop in an update everyone on how Dobs has been doing. Everything still seems to be going well. He is suppose to go back into the vet sometime in October to be fixed. I'm hoping to get him in for a check up before then to see if there would be any reason not to do that minor surgery. He is still doing his medication. His breathing in still holding strong. The only new development is that we cant seem to do car rides without getting nervous belly and getting the runs. He never has them when we r home but now even a 20 minute car ride to my boyfriends house in the next town over from me, I find I have to pull over and clean his box out and wipe him off bc his belly just cant handle it. I'm not sure if this is a result of multiple trip to the vet and him now thinking the car means vet time or if its maybe the medication just doesnt sit well with him in the car. He gets his meds at 7am and 7 PM before he gets his wet food. Most of the time our car rides fall around noon or 1. And he doesnt seem to have the problem on the way home which leads me to think it's the vet scare. How do your naked babies handle car rides?

Thank you again for all the love and prayers.

Cate & Dobs the Fighter :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@DobsMom13046 , I was Sooo happy to see you update
I was following closely on Dobs!

Awhh Dobs.. Hoep we can chime in to help make car rides more pleasant !

I had terrible car riders! Urs ago my bengals boy needed to get ready for a 3600 mile car drove move -
He literally peed on me from fright -
So I put him in a crate , covered 3 sides of it with s towel
Amd we sat in the car in the driveway lol
Positive praise and played with a pole toy thru the crate door while we are parked in the driveway
To make it a positive .
Then I built up to strong the car and sitting there with praising him.
Moved on to rides around the block ..
Baby steps
Viola -he never got sick on the $3600 mile move
he was actually enjoying it
Never in a million years did I think so

When I adopted my two sphnyx 7 hrs away I was told they were terrible travelers -
Did the same , plastic crates covered with towels on 3 sides - makes a comfy cave .
Seat belted in the crate , put in a cat nip shark (supposed calmimg lol)
Worked like a charm ! 7 yours and no poo or vomit
( I did keep baby wipes and paper towels at the ready)

Big believer in using the towel over 3/4 of the crate for a comfy cave
I do the same when I bring them to the vet - towel over crate
I bring kitty in crate into the vet exam room that way too

Others will chime in too

Head smooches sent !

(Personally I am against free roaming pets in cars or on laps - it only takes once -

I know personally , I nearly rolled my truck years ago .
years later my aunt died with her pet in the car when it went airborne and rolled )

Last edited:

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Good to hear he is stable.
The girls cant handle car rides. They are bad. Puke and poop and pee. It is usually a big ordeal. The boys are fine in the car. A little mewing but no bodily fluids.

DobsMom13046

Lairian
@DobsMom13046 , I was Sooo happy to see you update
I was following closely on Dobs!

Awhh Dobs.. Hoep we can chime in to help make car rides more pleasant !

I had terrible car riders! Urs ago my bengals boy needed to get ready for a 3600 mile car drove move -
He literally peed on me from fright -
So I put him in a crate , covered 3 sides of it with s towel
Amd we sat in the car in the driveway lol
Positive praise and played with a pole toy thru the crate door while we are parked in the driveway
To make it a positive .
Then I built up to strong the car and sitting there with praising him.
Moved on to rides around the block ..
Baby steps
Viola -he never got sick on the $3600 mile move
he was actually enjoying it
Never in a million years did I think so

When I adopted my two sphnyx 7 hrs away I was told they were terrible travelers -
Did the same , plastic crates covered with towels on 3 sides - makes a comfy cave .
Seat belted in the crate , put in a cat nip shark (supposed calmimg lol)
Worked like a charm ! 7 yours and no poo or vomit
( I did keep baby wipes and paper towels at the ready)

Big believer in using the towel over 3/4 of the crate for a comfy cave
I do the same when I bring them to the vet - towel over crate
I bring kitty in crate into the vet exam room that way too

Others will chime in too

Head smooches sent !

(Personally I am against free roaming pets in cars or on laps - it only takes once -

I know personally , I nearly rolled my truck years ago .
years later my aunt died with her pet in the car when it went airborne and rolled )

Wow thank you for all of the tips. With winter slowly approaching I dont believe that I will be doing much more traveling with him other then a few more check ups. I will get him a crate and hope for the best. Sorry to hear about the accidents in your family. Thank you again for keeping up with my update :)

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
a lot of positive vibes send for the next vet visit!
Toes crossed for another positive post!

Back