Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pregnant Sphynx delivered 1 stillborn kitten yesterday

PregnantSphynx

Lairian
I adopted a 3 year old pregnant sphynx from a breeder, reason for her selling her was that my now sphynx and one of her female sphynx were not getting along. Yesterday my pregnant sphynx cat was 51 days along and delivered a stillborn kitten. Is this normal? Could she still deliver more healthy kittens on or around her due date? The loss of the kitten yesterday breaks my heart. Any experienced advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201113_160607.jpg
    20201113_160607.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 38

Sheldon13

Staff member
Take her to the vet NOW or you may lose the rest of them. There is a reason this kitty was delivered dead. She may be having issues and needs a c section.

I am NOT happy with your breeder for handing this problem and financial cost off to you.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Staff member
If she has gone into labor the rest will be born too. If you can get her in quickly you might be able to save them and the mother. Not trying to scare you but I do want you to have a sense of urgency because this is potentially an emergency.

PregnantSphynx

Lairian
I contacted the breeder
If she has gone into labor the rest will be born too. If you can get her in quickly you might be able to save them and the mother. Not trying to scare you but I do want you to have a sense of urgency because this is potentially an emergency.

I purchased my cat from and she spoke with her vet. "I talked to my vet and she says it is possible for her to deliver an unhealthy kitten to give more room for others to grow. Survival of the finest. For a cat her size she should have more in there. Feel around if you feel any heads. She may still be pregnant. They each are in their own placentas."

Saskiasaurus

Lairian
'feel around there "-you're not experienced like a breeder. Give your cat and the kittens the best chance and take her to a vet. I'm so sorry this is happening to you, but so glad she's with you right now. Thinking of you two

Luna2020

Lairian
I adopted a 3 year old pregnant sphynx from a breeder, reason for her selling her was that my now sphynx and one of her female sphynx were not getting along. Yesterday my pregnant sphynx cat was 51 days along and delivered a stillborn kitten. Is this normal? Could she still deliver more healthy kittens on or around her due date? The loss of the kitten yesterday breaks my heart. Any experienced advice would be appreciated.
take her to the vet to do a sonogram and make sure she will be ok.

Back