Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pregnant Sphynx over due

JordanF12

Lairian
Hello!
I have a pregnant queen who is now at 76 days into her pregnancy. She has had one litter before. I took her to the vet 5 days ago and the vet didn't seem concerned and advised to let nature take its course. Ultra sound was performed and he said she should have babies within 24 hours.

Momma and babies are still active and are not in distress in any way. My question is how long do I let her pregnancy go on before requesting further intervention?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
70 days is on the higher end of a pregnancy. I would definitely call your vet and inquire if you can get another check. Your queen could have serious issues delivering if the babies get too big. @JordanF12

JordanF12

Lairian
70 days is on the higher end of a pregnancy. I would definitely call your vet and inquire if you can get another check. Your queen could have serious issues delivering if the babies get too big. @JordanF12
Thank you! I do think I'll take her in today. The vet won't 'induce labor' but will perform a c-section. I was hoping to avoid that.

JordanF12

Lairian
I just dropped her off at the vet. They're going to administer oxytocin to see if she responds. If nothing happens then a c section will be performed around 3. Keep my sweet girl and her babies in your thoughts

Yoda mom

Staff member
@JordanF12 , welcome to the lair family. good job getting her into the vet today. thriving vibes to mum and babies all goes well for delivery/c section. all paws are family . please keep us updated. hugs n head smooches

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Positive vibes are sent. You will not regret that you got her in today. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back