Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Preparing for Milo

milosmamas

Lairian
Hello all!

I'm Kai, 20, and I share this account with Milo's other mama, Jenna, also 20. We are best friends who have lived together since we were in grade school, and we've both recently experienced great losses, traumas, and tragedies. I've entered a place of greater financial stability than I've been in previously, and decided that in this transitional period of recovery and healing we should do something good for ourselves, give ourselves someone to pour our love and care into-- enter Milo!

He was born on June 1st, 2019, and we are bringing him home September 7th, 2019. Though our much-anticipated Gotcha! date is still about two weeks away, I have been trying to gather as much information as I can about how to prepare for his arrival, how to care for him in the first few weeks, and all the best practices for his lifelong health, skin care, and general satisfaction! Its so great to come across a community where I can find the answers to my questions as I navigate caring for a sphynx cat for the first time!

Providing the highest quality of care for our new angel is of the utmost importance to me. I am already so in love with him, and so grateful to him for giving me something to look forward to and a reason to engage with the world and myself again.
If any of the more experienced sphynx owners who see this post have any preparation or expert tips, I would be beyond grateful for any advice you have!
And any fellow newbies, feel free to reach out as well! Lets kick ass at this together!

--Kai
67644810_479803112805802_1332138756018274304_n.jpg

Attachments

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @milosmamas and weccome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Trust me your life is about to change forever. I hope you have been able to find your way around the community. If you haven’t found this area yet, take a look it is filled with great info Sphynx Cat Help Center

Also ask any any questions the group will be happy to help.

milosmamas

Lairian
If anyone has advice on what sort of clothing is best suited for a Floridian sphynx, and where to get it/how to make it, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Last edited:

milosmamas

Lairian
Trust me your life is about to change forever. I hope you have been able to find your way around the community. If you haven’t found this area yet, take a look it is filled with great info Sphynx Cat Help Center

Also ask any any questions the group will be happy to help.
I absolutely cannot wait! So far I've been able to find several good and helpful answers and resources. Thank you for pointing me to that area, I will definitely check it out!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@milosmamas welcome to sphynxlair! Milo is a very handsome and adorable little peanut. And he's going to life with two funny and loving mommy's I see:).

Sphynx are such wonderful cats. They can heal any heart, no matter what happened. They will just love you beyond and a little more. I'm sure Milo well help you find your way.

Most sphynx love blankets to crawl under, love toys like Da Bird (or other feather toys), laser lights and springs.

For cloths, I saw lots of cute kittens wearing socks! You can easily make a sweater of out a sock. I never dress my cats and I'm not from the USA so hopefully others will chime in with tips.

Let the count down till Gotcha Day begin!

milosmamas

Lairian
@milosmamas welcome to sphynxlair! Milo is a very handsome and adorable little peanut. And he's going to life with two funny and loving mommy's I see:).

Sphynx are such wonderful cats. They can heal any heart, no matter what happened. They will just love you beyond and a little more. I'm sure Milo well help you find your way.

Most sphynx love blankets to crawl under, love toys like Da Bird (or other feather toys), laser lights and springs.

For cloths, I saw lots of cute kittens wearing socks! You can easily make a sweater of out a sock. I never dress my cats and I'm not from the USA so hopefully others will chime in with tips.

Let the count down till Gotcha Day begin!
Thank you so much for your thoughtful and helpful response! We actually get to go get him this Saturday now, a full week before we had intended to, and I'm already so in love!

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi! Such a handsome little man... did you get him this past Saturday? We definitely need a gotcha day post!

I’m sending you a pm on clothes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@milosmamas checking in for updates :)

I am also in Florida
my nakids go nakid, they love those 50x60" soft throw blankets to cuddle just right

I don't put clothes on except for photo ops now
since one got leg stuck and nearly hung...freak thing luckily I was home ..
so now no more clothes
I keep my AC on 76 degrees.. and they are just fine with their blankies

MeadowThorne

Lairian
If anyone has advice on what sort of clothing is best suited for a Floridian sphynx, and where to get it/how to make it, please don't hesitate to reach out!
hi I'm in Florida also
you can use a old sock to save money as clothing. You can buy sunscreen also. My guy travels a lot n is light he's never burnt even when I don't have anything on him.
eBay is wonderful you can buy a full body sun n rain coat. I have a smaller one my guy out grew inch live in Suwannee county I'll give you it for free even.
kitten food stay away from corn n red food dyes.
I suggest wood clumping litter n avoid clay
baths is up to you n how dirty they get mine gets 3 a week while so me bath every 2 weeks.
like us humans energy will be different.
Take your baby for car rides n try a harness or collar n leash so you can handle your baby n isn't scared .
welcome both of you They are so unique to own and smart.