Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Princess Astrid's Royal Gown

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So, if I disappear it's because Astrid killed me in my sleep tonight lol. I decided to make her a princess dress! Lol
I completely eyeballed it and it turned out pretty well! She hasn't decided if she likes it or not yet though. I'm currently getting the death glare but she hasn't pulled at it. Regardless it's pretty cute!
It's two pieces, so the skirt and the shirt, two outfits in one! And it allowed for cheating a poofy skirt by using elastic.
IMG_2319.JPG
IMG_2320.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Astrid is such a beautiful and adorable princess in that dress! She could easily play the role of Elsa in Frozen:).
But to be sure...stay awake tonight!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I survived the night! Lol even got cuddles so she wasn't too mad... she actually was mad when I took the dress off of her! So she must like it to an extent

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Draculaura if you have access to a sewing machine and know how to do a straight stitch it isn't too hard! Could easily be done by hand too, would just take a bit longer. The hardest part was lining up the arm holes! lol but even that just took a couple minutes of thinking to figure out.

If anyone wants instructions on how I made it, the next time I make one I can take pictures along the way and wrote out explanations lol. All I could find on google was how to measure, not how to make them. But I guess people want to keep the bussiness of 50$+ sphynx clothing lol

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Maddie pffew relieved to see you online and to hear you survived the night. Of course Astrid loves the dress, which girl doesn't like a dress that makes her look so slim and pretty?:).

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If anyone wants instructions on how I made it, the next time I make one I can take pictures along the way and wrote out explanations lol. All I could find on google was how to measure, not how to make them. But I guess people want to keep the bussiness of 50$+ sphynx clothing lol

Astrid looks like a beautiful fairy princess!!! I would love to see some instructions if you ever make some up!!!

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If anyone wants instructions on how I made it, the next time I make one I can take pictures along the way and wrote out explanations lol. All I could find on google was how to measure, not how to make them. But I guess people want to keep the bussiness of 50$+ sphynx clothing lol[/QUOTE]

Please do. I am somewhat handy with a sewing machine and have thought of doing something like this but my planning is not the best. Besides it would be inspiring I think.

Now where did I put that old sewing machine??? Hmmm.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Jynxified If you can sew straight lines and a somewhat curved one, following the edge of the foot, you are good to go! Lol I am by no means a seamstress so it is a very simple design.

I'll let you guys know when I get instructions up :) depending on homework I might have time this weekend.

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How gorgeous! She looks so sweet and pretty. I'm glad she didn't kill you! Little girls secretly love princess dresses, even if they pretend that they don't!

Back