Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Problems as a cat owner

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Laying here on the sofa hungry but can't get food from kitchen. Two cats sleeping on me, don't have the heart to move them.

Another usual problem is laying in bed with a warm nudie pressed against you under the covers and having to change position but it's just so friggin cozy that you end up waiting until a screaming body makes it impossible to continiue´.

Phone rings and the first sudden step you take makes your sphynx on shoulder almost loose balance and a (trimmed) cat claw ruins your favourite T-shirt.

For once forgetting to fill up with dry food the night before and being woken up by Darwin sitting on my chest ripping out hairs from my beard one by one, a trick he always uses to get attention. If that doesn't work a friendly bite of the nose always does.

Can make the list of charming little problems infinate but you guys continiue... :)

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Having your skin babies on you, suggled and warm, and bham! You have to go pee, but you don't want to disturb anyone, so you figure you'll wait it out until they move. Only they don't. So, you go to move them, and once you touch them they start to purr, and you just don't have the heart to do it, but your bladder is quite displeased and is threatening to burst. Sigh, sorry kittehs, but I gotta get up :ThumbsDown:

You're trying to educate yourself by reading a book and they decide an intervention is needed, and they plot themselves right in front of the book. Sigh.

You're trying to do your on-line schooling and they decide this edumacation stuff is silly and plop themselves right onto the keyboard over and over and over again. Sigh.

But, bless them, I love 'em!!!! :Adore:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Man I swear Butterball stands on my head to see if he can balance himself with all 4 paws. One always slips off and digs into my scalp.

Then I was sitting indian style wiggling my toes. Butternuts thinks I'm playing digs his claw in one of my toes. Man, he got it right between my toes too. And it was bleeding pretty bad.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Trying to sneak into the kitchen for a midnight snack and feeling like I'm being watched or hunted (like the raptor scene in jurassic park) and then bam ambushed by nudie right as I open the pantry:LOL: Husband thought I was in trouble one night and came running- now he just sits in bed and laughs:LOL:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Trying to sneak into the kitchen for a midnight snack and feeling like I'm being watched or hunted (like the raptor scene in jurassic park) and then bam ambushed by nudie right as I open the pantry:LOL: Husband thought I was in trouble one night and came running- now he just sits in bed and laughs:LOL:

Oh yes, I sooooo KNOW that feeling, being hunted by the raptors, yep, lol. They will do that to the dogs too to torment them. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Trying to go downstairs with a basket full of clothes to do laundry,,,,only to have a cat dart under your feet and you lose footing and go sledding down the stairs on top of the basket only to land at the bottom having a heart attack and your silly kitty perched so cute on the steps stairing down at you like...WTF!!!

Yes,,its happened!

LLevenson

Lairian
Laying out a black dress on the bed for a dinner party, coming out of the shower to find the cat perched on top of the dress ALONG with his dusty paw prints covering the dress from him having made a beeline from the litter box to my dress! I guess I should be happy that there was no cat hair involved in this incident:ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Laying out a black dress on the bed for a dinner party, coming out of the shower to find the cat perched on top of the dress ALONG with his dusty paw prints covering the dress from him having made a beeline from the litter box to my dress! I guess I should be happy that there was no cat hair involved in this incident:ThumbsUp:

Look at the bright side, at least the dress was not white:LOL:

TotenEngel

Banned
I got married in full length black velvet and we have 3 furries so had to get dressed in the communal hallway!!
The major cat issue in our house is the jumping!!! Was stood at the bathroom sink brushing my teeth last night and *BANG* I have a nekkid baby between my shoulderblades! I look like a failed junkie at the moment as I am covered in pin pricks all up my arms and legs!

Gizzymom

Banned
I got married in full length black velvet and we have 3 furries so had to get dressed in the communal hallway!!
The major cat issue in our house is the jumping!!! Was stood at the bathroom sink brushing my teeth last night and *BANG* I have a nekkid baby between my shoulderblades! I look like a failed junkie at the moment as I am covered in pin pricks all up my arms and legs!

Gizmo does that when I am brushing my teeth as well... It is usually a frontal assault, so I see it coming! :LOL:

LucyFurrr

Lairian
My biggest problem (besides noise) as a cat owner is all the kittens underfoot! I've tripped and fallen sooo many times because of these little brats. I need to go into agility training or something.... Oh! And couch hogs~ I'll get up off my seat to get a drink, and return 2 seconds later. Just long enough for a swarm of cats/kittens to steal my prewarmed spot. Then it's pretty much a fight to get it back!!!

... I think my cats run my house. >.<

TotenEngel

Banned
My biggest problem (besides noise) as a cat owner is all the kittens underfoot! I've tripped and fallen sooo many times because of these little brats. I need to go into agility training or something.... Oh! And couch hogs~ I'll get up off my seat to get a drink, and return 2 seconds later. Just long enough for a swarm of cats/kittens to steal my prewarmed spot. Then it's pretty much a fight to get it back!!!

... I think my cats run my house. >.<

you think???? you mean you haven't worked out who's the boss yet?? heh

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ failed junkie, nice *snort*, love it :LOL:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Forgot another thing, the twice daily assassination attempts at feeding time. When I leave the kitchen with all the food dishes I have 2 skinzies and a furry zig-zagging in front of me as I am trying to get to all the feeding stations without kissing the carpet. I keep telling them if I fall and break something, who's gonna feed em? :Question:

ktate88

Banned
Being woken up an hour early so his highness can get his wet food or raw, even though his dry bowl has food in it. That last hour is important!

I get the sneak attacks from behind as he leaps at my waist and climbs upward.

Or, my dinner. I stand at the kitchen counter, or come armed with the spray bottle to eat on the couch. Niles feels anything that I have he should have and doesn't wait to be invited. He shoots out that paw and tries to grab anything he can!

Gizzymom

Banned
Forgot another thing, the twice daily assassination attempts at feeding time. When I leave the kitchen with all the food dishes I have 2 skinzies and a furry zig-zagging in front of me as I am trying to get to all the feeding stations without kissing the carpet. I keep telling them if I fall and break something, who's gonna feed em? :Question:

They will just eat your rotting corpse... It IS raw!!! :Hysterical::Hysterical:

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Getting up in the night to go pee and returning to bed to discover my three nekkids have moved to fill my warm spot. Now I have to curve around them. Sphynx weight is directly proportional to the warmth of their spot.

Trying to read. Seriously it's not enough to be on my lap they have to have my complete attention.

Having to spell O U T S I D E. They can't spell...yet.

Bath time

Back