Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Proud Mommy

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Drove 4 hours from San Angelo Texas to Bastrop Texas to pick up my new baby boy. My son drove 4 hours from Houston Texas to Bastrop Texas to bring him to me. He was itty bitty and sooo precious. A trooper all the way. At the restaurant he was on the table pulling out the sugar substitutes from the container and playing with them then eye contact to see if we saw his antics. Slept most of the way home but when awake he licked me play with a toy and then slept. We left home for the trip at 8:30 am and got home at 8:00 pm. Baby boy was introduced to his kitten area... he ate ... drank... peed and started exploring and playing. No fear - just a great personality. He has already worked his magic on my 9 year old son which is a beautiful boy but has developmental delays and ADHD. My son fell in love and was so tender and caring. I saw a side of him that I knew was there but was enhanced by the presence of this itty bitty kitty. I will share more once I have had some sleep. So I will go to my bed to my son on one side of the bed (because he could not sleep alone for he had to be with kitty) and kitty is in between us in the bed in a cat snuggy bed fast asleep. I am on cloud nine.:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww! I am so happy for you and your son! I can't wait to see pics and what is your new baby's name?

susi794

Staff member
I hope your son and the kitty continue to have a wonderful relationship--being loved by a pet can profundly affect a child-- with difficulties or without--but I would think they may have started a match made in Heaven. Am happy for all of you!

I am so happy for you and your son! I have a 10 year old son with learning disabilities and ADHD and I can't tell you how much my son loves having our Sphynx. They are so intuitive and seem to know if he has had a bad day and will be extra affectionate to him.

Gable seems to always like to sit with my son when he is doing homework, which makes homework time more "fun" for my son who is not that fond of doing school work, as it can be a struggle at times. Now he seems to enjoy doing it more because he can call Gable over and he will sit with him, bat his pencils around or plop his rump down on his paper.

I just love these cats! Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Some of the best journeys are new beginnings. I can't wait to hear to hear more about your new addition. It is beautiful to watch a loving bond form between people and animals. Enjoy.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations, can't wait to see some pictures. I have always believed that having pets are so important for children. They learn respect for animals and I think it makes children grow into better adults! When I was growing up I had close bonds with my dog and cat and they were there for me through the teenage years when it's difficult to talk to people!

Aawwww, well congratulations! I can't wait to hear more stories about your little boy, and of course pictures are a must. Lots of kisses and cuddles to him till later!