Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

"punkin chunkin"

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was flipping thru the channels today and saw punkin chunkin and wondered if anyone is going to plant pumpkin and freeze it for their kitty incase there is another shortage.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmm interesting! I just saw its on Thanksgiving night. I better be able to get a Halloween pumpkin. Mmm now I'm thinking of pumpkin pie. :Surprise:

I haven't given Sophie pumpkin ever but I have given our family doggie some from time to time. Goodness knows how old it is though since it's canned.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
well from what i read , for some of the members its hard to find canned pumpkin in stores and they had to order it. I dont know if any of them have anywhere to plant it but its an idea to maybe save some people some money

holly_savage

Banned
you can freeze it raw and cook it later, or cook it now and then freeze it. I freeze the canned stuff all the time. I make Greg sugar free pumpkin cheesecake every once in a while, and it only requires a few tablespoons, so I always have too much left over.

Maybe I will thaw some out for Kokka, she has a little of the New Kitten's Revenge aka Montezuma's revenge. We are transitioning her food to a grain free product from RC. Poor kitty....

Back