Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Puppy pictures!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't even believe they are 7 weeks now!!!! 2 will be going to their new home later next week :( makes me sad....

added a few of Bronxe and Bea too (i dont have any recent ones of winny)
(more pictures in my album)

Bella07

Banned
No, It has not been 7 weeks already!!! Wow, time sure does fly! It seems as if they were only born yesterday, I can't believe it. Anyways, they sure are gorgeous! The last picture of the puppy with the spot around his eye, has the most adorable expression. I want him! Well, I want them all actually. Give them each a big kiss from me!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Bella! :) And yes.. sadly already 7... sad to see them go :(

The last picture is Snooki... she looks like her momma :)

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone! and yes, they are SUPER adorable!! :)

Susi- all but 1 is 'called for'.
when we bought of female, the contract stated if we wanted to bred her we needed to give 2 pups back to the breeder. it isn't uncommon to ask for 1 pup back.. but we kinda got screwed with him asking for 2. but we were inexperienced and got suckered lol.
We are keeping the all brindle boy with the white line down his face. The breeder will probably take the all white girl, then one of the reverse brindle and white girls. leaving one of them left. We keep telling ourselves that we HAVE to sell whoever if left... not for the $.. but because we have a smaller house and if we want to keep any future puppies, we really can only keep 1 from this litter.

Our stud is from NJ and has won twice at West Minster dog show. 2009 won aware of merit and 2010 won best of opposites (which means the best male out of all bulldogs there- big win) we are SO happy to have such a successful breeding :)

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gizmo requested a puppy update- they are 8 1/2 weeks now. We have given 2 to our breeder to fulfill our contract for Valerie. Which means, his name is now off Valerie is she is officially OUR dog, he is no longer co/owner- WOO HOO! We kept the brindle boy and the girl with the black eye. (Jackson and Snooki). I will post pictures later i have to update them.. i just took some today while they were out playing. They are loud buggers! you'd think after playing for an hour and 1/2 with momma they'd be tired... um NO :( makes for a headache...

Daddy lives in New Milford, Nj. He belongs to Ultimate Bulldogs. He won at West Minster twice!! 2009 got the Award of Merit and 2010 got Best of Opposite! we are so very excited to have him in our pedigree.
Is New Milford close to you guys IlovemySphynx?

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
here's an update picture from today.... these are the two puppies we have kept. We may rehome the brindle and white girl later, but probably not until she's 6months or older. - If we rehome her.

Jackson the brindle boy, is almost as big as momma! she's pretty small though, a 42lb 3 yr old girl.

their show names will be:
Jazzy's Smooth Criminal (Jackson)- because in the Michael Jackson video Smooth Criminal Jackson has on white leather shoes! Jackson has white toes on his front paws :)
Jazzy's Snookin' For Trouble ( Snooki)

Jazzy is our "kennel" name (although we dont have a kennel)... It stands for John (J) and (A) Kizzy (ZZY) - Jazzy :)

holly_savage

Banned
klreese, thety are just all so adorable, but the brindles are my faves by far. Great job! So tell me somethingg... were they born C-section? I have read somewhere that many brachycephallic dogs have to be born this way. Is that true?

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, holly, bulldogs have to be born via c-sections. because of the size of momma, size of puppies, momma's possibly breathing problems are all factors. so many dogs similiar to the bully will be born (should be born) c section. our cost around $500, but it depends on the size of your female and # of puppies. our girl at birth was 48lbs, with 5 puppies. 1 dog lived 9 days. so we were left with 4puppies: 1 boy, 3 girls.

gizmo6370

Banned
They look great :ThumbsUp: to bad you don't have any more pics of the white one...that was my favorite....maybe because of my beloved Xantos...who was almost all white :Smile:

Bella07

Banned
Ok, so now I am adding a bulldog puppy to my "dog breeds wanted" list....:LOL: Unfortunately, my list is composed of about 25 dogs breeds now. Not only am I going to be a crazy cat lady, I'm going to be a crazy dog lady too! :Wink:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gizmo, do you have facebook? i have tons of pictures on there of the puppies. There's a few of the white girl. We were thinking of keeping the all white girl, but the way our contract goes we were to take our pick, then our breeder got his 2 picks and we took whoever was left from there. Which is ok, because we ended up getting who we wanted in the end.
The girl with the black patched eye is the best show quality. she's already showing signs of a beautiful top line, and she's a small girl, which is a bonus.

Bella- my finacee is the one who wanted the bulldog. i had really no desire of ever owning one. i sort felt- if you have to bend over to pet it, it isn't a dog lol. I bought our first bulldog for John as a valentines gift. and pretty much instantly feel in love with their amazing personality and rolly-polly bodies. We started showing valerie at 9 months and did maybe 2-3 shows before actively showing. It was then that we really decided to get involved with the breed.
Having puppies is such an amazing adventure! They are wonderfully annoying! :) We are definitely planning to bred again, but will need some time to recuperate! lol

Back