Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Question about "Da-Bird"

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Does anybody have the same problem with the da-bird toy: the string gets all tangled and twisted so the feathers don't fly anymore? Everytime I untangle it and swing it around it becomes tangled again in a few seconds, very frustrating!

Does anyone know how to solve this problem???

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Does anybody have the same problem with the da-bird toy: the string gets all tangled and twisted so the feathers don't fly anymore? Everytime I untangle it and swing it around it becomes tangled again in a few seconds, very frustrating!

I haven't had any issues with mine, so I'm not much help.:ThumbsDown: The only thing I can suggest is maybe try a different attachment to see if that helps?! I know when I ordered mine online it came with 6 different attachments.

bthomas

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I haven't had any issues with mine, so I'm not much help.:ThumbsDown: The only thing I can suggest is maybe try a different attachment to see if that helps?! I know when I ordered mine online it came with 6 different attachments.
Wanna pm me the link to where you got yours online?

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Unfortunately mine didn't come with any extra attachments. I don't think it's the real deal anyway, not sure you can buy the original over here :ThumbsDown:
Thanks for the imput though, I was thinking of removing the string and attach a different one (just seems like a lot of work... :Dizzy:)

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I believe this was the question:

I think that was a perfectly fine answer haha!! Certainly you would not have to worry about untangling it!

:Woo::LOL:

Jen

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Unfortunately mine didn't come with any extra attachments. I don't think it's the real deal anyway, not sure you can buy the original over here :ThumbsDown:
Thanks for the imput though, I was thinking of removing the string and attach a different one (just seems like a lot of work... :Dizzy:)
Ya, they don't sell Da Bird where I am either. The ones they have in Petsmart here are an imitation. I found a seller on ebay who was great. I got the Da Bird with all attachments for like $15 including shipping. I saved the seller if you want the info. You get to choose your colours for the attachments too! :BigSmile:

SpinkieMom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

My cats love da Bird but they are so darn expensive and pretty much stop working after they've been chewed on--and what good is a cat toy if you can't have a gnaw on it!

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ya, they don't sell Da Bird where I am either. The ones they have in Petsmart here are an imitation. I found a seller on ebay who was great. I got the Da Bird with all attachments for like $15 including shipping. I saved the seller if you want the info. You get to choose your colours for the attachments too! :BigSmile:
Thanks for the tip but I think I'm just going to change the string, 15 bucks seems a bit pricy compared to some fishing wire :LOL:

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My cats love da Bird but they are so darn expensive and pretty much stop working after they've been chewed on--and what good is a cat toy if you can't have a gnaw on it!
This one isn't the real deal so it was pretty cheap, and even though he's been cheewing on it, it still works! Apart from the string part that is :LOL: