Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Question about utility knives / box cutters

CoolSphynx

Lairian
this is an embarrassing question b/c i didn't find a "how to" answer online, so it must be intuitive to people... how do you snap off the dull segment in a knife like this? when it does come off, is the piece likely going to go flying? (i'll make sure the kitties are in a different room) :Sweat:

57426-0000-1-2ww-m.jpg

thanks!!!

PitRottMommy

Banned
this is an embarrassing question b/c i didn't find a "how to" answer online, so it must be intuitive to people... how do you snap off the dull segment in a knife like this? when it does come off, is the piece likely going to go flying? (i'll make sure the kitties are in a different room) :Sweat:

57426-0000-1-2ww-m.jpg

thanks!!!

I've always used a pair of pliers. Scroll up just enough that the piece you want to come off is fully exposed. Then, bend with pliers and be cautious about your hands and eyes.

After said piece is removed, just scroll up and you should have a brand new blade ready for use!

Brooke

Banned

57426-0000-1-2ww-m.jpg

thanks!!!

I use a pair of pliers to grab the section I want to break off, usually aiming it over a trash can, and then I turn my head and close my eyes and snap it off!

CoolSphynx

Lairian
I've always used a pair of pliers. Scroll up just enough that the piece you want to come off is fully exposed. Then, bend with pliers and be cautious about your hands and eyes.

After said piece is removed, just scroll up and you should have a brand new blade ready for use!

AWESOME!
I can handle that level of skill. :Laugh:
Thanks!

BTW, I got my first "big girl" power tools today = a drill and a handsaw. Look out world, here I come!...um, so ya better put on safety gear and/or stay farrrrr away :LOL:

Back