Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Question about wand toys... need your feedback

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Hi guys,
I have a Facebook connection who makes wands that are extremely gorgeous. I think she makes some that are literally toy magic wands for little girls and also some teaser cat toy wands. I'm thinking of asking to buy some of the cat teaser wands to sell in my shop, but I'm hesitant, so want to ask your opinions.

These things are... well, as I said, gorgeous. Bright colors, feathers, fluffy balls, and sometimes even swarovski crystals. So I am thinking a couple of things:

1. They may be too expensive to sell as cat toys
2. They may be so gorgeous that people don't want to buy them for their cat to destroy

Thoughts? Obviously only I can control for #1 by making sure I can buy them for a reasonable wholesale price and keep my own price lowish. But I would love your opinions on #2. Is something like this the kind of thing you'd buy for your kitties, or do you have the same concerns that I do? (Cats don't necessarily destroy wand toys... it may depend on supervised play and if the owner lets them rip it up.)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SumpinSpecial , do you have a stock photo ?
Some concerns I have are the crystals -

I love Swarovski crystals!
Lol though gorgeous my kitties Are jewelry thieves and may try to bite them off and eat them

Do the wands have replacement pieces available?

How long are the wands ? Are they like the ones used in cat showing?
( I see a target market there :))

are they one piece or two piece poles?

Do the wands bend flexible like the ever favorite one piece Da bird pole toy
( I only buy the one piece pole Dabird toy for its strength- mine play rough - like I am catching a shark!)

My crew likes the thinner wand like the Dabird
I have numerous fatter wand toys but they don't get the same interaction action respond from my crew as the Dabird

I do have to put up the Dabird toy and only used supervised or they will try to eat the string!

I have gotten to the point I would rather spend on a few quality toys that are used than the basket full "meh" toys though cute aren't favs and end up in a basket to be donated .

I would be all in to try this intriguing product you describe
I do think purchasers would consider safety , price point and play factor
We buy kitty stuff that appeals to our eye now it's a matter of the kitties reviewing

Could you buy one or two and do trial runs before buying a wholesale lot?

They would certainly be a purrfect quality gift for the kitty that has everything :)
Or to give as a nice gotcha or holiday gift to friends and family too

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Personaly I wouldn't pay lots of money for a cattoy. But that's me. I know there are lots of people who love to buy gorgeous looking toys for their cats. So guess there will be people who buy it. And...when I would hear from other people that their cat goes nuts for the toy, I would buy it in the end too:).

Sheldon13

Staff member
I had the same thoughts about the crystals. I would happily have them decorating a cat tree in a place that won’t get destroyed or even on apparel. I wouldn’t really want them on something designed to go in my cat’s mouth, though. If you want a number put on it, I’d pay up to $10 for a really great, quality wand. Please pm me your storefront. I’m interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My crew love all sorts of wand toys for different types of play. But because they are hard on toys -- I mean Max can decimate a Da Bird toy within an hour if I let him. I have to keep most wand toys behind closed doors and only play when supervised. Other wand toys need to be really hardy.

I would love to see some photos of these lovely wands though! If nothing else to gaze wistfully and wish my crew weren't so violent with toys. ha ha.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi guys,
I have a Facebook connection who makes wands that are extremely gorgeous. I think she makes some that are literally toy magic wands for little girls and also some teaser cat toy wands. I'm thinking of asking to buy some of the cat teaser wands to sell in my shop, but I'm hesitant, so want to ask your opinions.

These things are... well, as I said, gorgeous. Bright colors, feathers, fluffy balls, and sometimes even swarovski crystals. So I am thinking a couple of things:

1. They may be too expensive to sell as cat toys
2. They may be so gorgeous that people don't want to buy them for their cat to destroy

Thoughts? Obviously only I can control for #1 by making sure I can buy them for a reasonable wholesale price and keep my own price lowish. But I would love your opinions on #2. Is something like this the kind of thing you'd buy for your kitties, or do you have the same concerns that I do? (Cats don't necessarily destroy wand toys... it may depend on supervised play and if the owner lets them rip it up.)
Hello there ,
My Cleo loves them ! Cleo would by far soon we play with her oppose to her playing alone . For this play we use the wand type toys , she breaks the ones with elastic and feathers or a toy on the end ... but from our local pets at home they cost around £2:99 I don't know the exchange rate to convert into the $$
Now the wand type toys that the toy is actually stuck on the wand last cleo ages the cost around the same ...
I feel you get what you pay for so in answer to your question if I saw a toy for Cleo and think oh Cleo will love this I'm not that bothered how much they are if QUALITY is there .... my Cleo loves pretty things and the brighter the colours the better ,,
Why not get some pictures to show the forum members to get like a poll going
Kind regards
Anita & Cleo xxx

Back