Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Question for the ladies - wedding fair

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey Ladies,

Has anyone ever been to a wedding fair? Usually these wouldn't be my thing but it's being held in the town I live in at what's called the Commander's Mansion which is a mansion that was built during the Civil War. It's absolutely gorgeous and I've never been inside. I'm not even engaged :LOL: but am dying to see it. I figure its only $5 and they have snacks and prizes.

I don't want to go if the vendors will be pushy or "shun" me if I'm not interested. If I feel uncomfortable I'll obviously just leave - there's a shopping plaza near by that I can bail to!

Just wanted to see if you ladies have been before and what your experience was. This is a much smaller scale than an expo -there were 58 vendors there last year their site says.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No help at all as I've never been to one, sorry.

Maybe perfect your "Thanks, I'm just looking at the moment" and hope they don't try hard sales tactics.

On a side note, there's nothing I hate more than pushy sales people. I'd rather quietly look around. I hate being pounced on as soon as I walk into a store/ shop.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Hard core fast selling tactics! I went to one once and these sales rep could prolly sell bubble gum to the Lockjaw Institute!! LOL
Goodluck and have fun if you go tho. Go prepared with several "excuses" just to see how good they are with their rebuttals. It's sort of a hobby of mine to torment sales people. I used to be one so I'm entitled! LOL

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No help at all as I've never been to one, sorry.

Maybe perfect your "Thanks, I'm just looking at the moment" and hope they don't try hard sales tactics.

On a side note, there's nothing I hate more than pushy sales people. I'd rather quietly look around. I hate being pounced on as soon as I walk into a store/ shop.

Me too! I hate that.

Good thing is my friend that I'm thinking of inviting is PERFECT at saying "No Thanks" without letting anyone walk over her. I'm more of the pushover I say no thanks but still am at risk of getting sucked in because I start to feel bad. I strive to be more like her because at the same time she's very nice!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hard core fast selling tactics! I went to one once and these sales rep could prolly sell bubble gum to the Lockjaw Institute!! LOL
Goodluck and have fun if you go tho. Go prepared with several "excuses" just to see how good they are with their rebuttals. It's sort of a hobby of mine to torment sales people. I used to be one so I'm entitled! LOL

Yikes! Glad I asked- I will need to prep myself for sure.

Strange thing is they listed 26 of the 58 of last year vendors as caterers. The rest were 9 photographers then just between 4-6 each of rentals, music, favors, florist and misc. Seems odd to have so many caterers and nothing listed as apparel/dresses!

I may let them push their food on me :LOL:. My bf asked why I was going and my response was:
1. to see the mansion
2. to get the free snacks
:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You should have just looked all thoughtful and said "Well...":LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Then I would've gotten his hopes up!

He's wanted to for a while now but I wanted a house first! He had a "ring fund" for me and I said alright let's put that together with my savings and buy a house. So we did that last year, now I have my sphnyx so I guess this is the next step. :LOL:

He's got to be the one- he said I can have another sphynx cuz he says he thinks Sophie wants a friend :ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Then I would've gotten his hopes up!

He's wanted to for a while now but I wanted a house first! He had a "ring fund" for me and I said alright let's put that together with my savings and buy a house. So we did that last year, now I have my sphnyx so I guess this is the next step. :LOL:

He's got to be the one- he said I can have another sphynx cuz he says he thinks Sophie wants a friend :ThumbsUp:

:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: Go for it, whats life without risk! lol He is defintley a good one if he's going to let you get another Sphynx. I converted my man to a cat man and he finally said I could get another,,,yup,,he is a keeper for sure!!! LOL

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:ThumbsUp: He sounds perfect. Yep, you've bought the house, have the Sphynx baby, next step is the wedding. :BigSmile:

:Hysterical: I spend half my time trying to convince him that I don't love Sophie more- that I love them both equally. He slipped already and hopes the future sphynx loves him more than me since Sophie is partial to me. Maybe he should start feeding and changing her litter - then she'd like him :Dizzy::LOL:.

Last edited:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Hysterical: I spend half my time trying to convince him that I don't love Sophie more- that I love them both equally. He slipped already and hopes the future sphynx loves him more than me since Sophie is partial to me. Maybe he should start feeding and changing her litter - then she'd like him :Dizzy::LOL:.

Hasn't he learnt the way to their heart is through their stomach? :BigSmile: It is with mine, they love anyone that's holding the food :LOL:

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My daughter and I went to one. We had a blast. Great food and margaritas! We saved all the stuff for when my daughter got married and it saved us a lot of time. Most of the vendors weren't pushy, but my daughter had a blast flirting with a DJ.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My daughter and I went to one. We had a blast. Great food and margaritas! We saved all the stuff for when my daughter got married and it saved us a lot of time. Most of the vendors weren't pushy, but my daughter had a blast flirting with a DJ.

That's awesome! I'm hoping my experience will be like yours. I want to get ideas for the future.

Back