Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Question--metal litter box

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
so Astrid plastic box smells DISGUSTING. So that's being tossed lol but I was thinking a metal one would work better to keep clean and the metal wouldn't absorb the smell.
Do any of you guys have one or know where to get one?? Or where to get big baking pans that have sides??
IMG_4016.PNG
IMG_4017.PNG

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm thinking of maybe picking up a roasting pan from a thrift shop, atleast they have tall sides! So it might work. I have no idea if it'll absob smells though...

Roki

Lairian
I know that we have a place in town that sells directly to restaurants, called Shamrock, and they have all sizes of food service trays. Possibly Sam's too, but I haven't checked there. Seems like stainless steel would be great for keeping it really clean! Maybe ask your local veterinarians, or even a hospital? You might not want to mention what you want it for at the "people" hospital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lol I'll let you guys know what I find! Gonna research and see if stainless is best :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Maddie , just an FYI ,
I love my metal scooper(I doubt stainless) but I do notice it gets "etched" from scooping
Not sure how long a metal box would do with urine ?
The true stainless pans would probably be a good choice to research

Keep us updated!
Great post!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would say contact the restaurant supplier for an appropriate sized "pan" that is pure stainless steel (I'm thinking of those inserts that they use in buffet tables). That is an awesome idea. I might actually look into that myself, if nothing else for the simple fact that it would pretty much last forever and would not hold any smells or bacteria the way regular plastic boxes can.

Keep us updated.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Xandria That is my plan tomorrow :) there is a supply store in the town over that is apparently open tomorrow lol no holiday for them. I like the idea that it can go in the dish washer without warping too. And Jaws wont be able to scratch the bottom to death, which should help.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Definitely keep us updated. That's awesome. I'm so glad to have a holiday tomorrow! Although I'm going to be "working", at least it will be without client distraction. Next week I think I might give a call to Russell Foods and similar to see if I can find an appropriately sized steel "litter box". What a great idea.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Xandria Absolutely :) me too! but I actually get the day off off, other than organizing the apartment lol need to put my school stuff away still.... textbooks are everywhere still. Well hopefully you make time for some fun too :p

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have contacted the restaurant supply store so i'll see :)

for reference, a full size one is 23x12 inches and a double is 26x20. so hoping to find a double with 8 inch sides!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Good to hear you found one. Hopefully there are more fun things to do close to the shop so you don't have to drive so long for only the pan!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awesome. Please take a picture once you have it all set up. I'm living vicariously through you right now. LOL

Back