Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Questions about Buster's Tail

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello. It's unfortunately been quite a while since I've been on. This weekend I came home from school to visit my family and of coarse, Buster! Well I just noticed something odd about his tail. Buster usually has a good amount of fuzz on his tail with a white tip. While petting him I realized that there is absolutely no fuzz on his tail anymore. I have no idea why this happened. I will of coarse ask my parents about it in the morning but for the mean time I wanted to know if anybody has seen this before or maybe knows what happened.

Thank you for reading <3

Attached if a before and after photo of his tail. The before was taken about a month ago.
RHg0fbe.jpg

nfaerie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello. It's unfortunately been quite a while since I've been on. This weekend I came home from school to visit my family and of coarse, Buster! Well I just noticed something odd about his tail. Buster usually has a good amount of fuzz on his tail with a white tip. While petting him I realized that there is absolutely no fuzz on his tail anymore. I have no idea why this happened. I will of coarse ask my parents about it in the morning but for the mean time I wanted to know if anybody has seen this before or maybe knows what happened.

Thank you for reading <3

Attached if a before and after photo of his tail. The before was taken about a month ago.
RHg0fbe.jpg

As far as i know, the amount of fur a sphynx has can fluctuate. There are many contributing factors, like seasons, diet, health and illness.
If your parents are the main carers and he had fur tail a month ago, just ask if they have noticed shedding. Is the fluff on his body still the same?

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes... just ask if they have changed his food or anything. I would make sure that the rest of him is healthy as well.

Is it just the tip inches that have lost the fuzz? Molly used to have a fuzzy tail, but she sucks on it so often that she has a rubber bald little tip now like that.

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@MollysMom the beginning of his tail (where it meets his bum) still has fuzz but the rest of it is very bald now. I was worrying for a bit but I guess it's pretty normal for a sphynx to lose fur :) Thanks for the response!

admin

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you for reading <3

RHg0fbe.jpg
Yes, its not uncommon for the sphynx to lose and grow hair through out the seasons. :)

Back