Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

questions to ask breeders

Brooke

Banned
Thanks for the warnings everyone. I have come to the conclusion that right now, all I can do is educate myself as best I can and hope for the best. I hope that doesn't sound neglectful. ButterBall is due for his one year checkup in a few months. I'll ask the vet at that time and we can decide together on what the next step should be.

I think I'm losing my mind today. Ball's litter box was filthy earlier. I took it outside to wash it down and was a little disgusted at myself for letting it get that bad. Oh well, it's all cleaned up and smelling better now. I've been a bit under the weather the last few days but am feeling better tonight.
ElGato, No worries, I don't think you're being neglectful at all! The fact that you're here, educating yourself about all of this is more than I can say about myself a year ago... Though breeders start testing their cats at one year old, I'm told most cats don't test positive at ButterBall's young age unless they are highly affected, so you have time to decide what you want to do.

I'm going to have Walter tested because I don't know his history, just to put my mind at ease. But, a part of me is terrified to do it. I'm so afraid it's going to come back positive that I almost don't want to know. I'll just die. But then another part of me thinks, there's no possible way it could happen to me again. The whole process is making me sick inside!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Elgato, I noticed in the "fart" video you had very little litter, Im not sure this is the case , but try putting more litter in the box to give Bball more to work with when trying to cover up his "stink bomb"! When digging before dropping the bomb you should not be able to see the bottom of the litter box. If covered well stink will clear up quicker!:Laugh:
Thanks for the warnings everyone. I have come to the conclusion that right now, all I can do is educate myself as best I can and hope for the best. I hope that doesn't sound neglectful. ButterBall is due for his one year checkup in a few months. I'll ask the vet at that time and we can decide together on what the next step should be.

I think I'm losing my mind today. Ball's litter box was filthy earlier. I took it outside to wash it down and was a little disgusted at myself for letting it get that bad. Oh well, it's all cleaned up and smelling better now. I've been a bit under the weather the last few days but am feeling better tonight.