Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Random swollen eye ?

Cydney

Lairian
Woke up this morning to hear my sweat lil man invert sneezing/gagging/snorting? His eye had some gunk a little more than morning sleepies. Took him in right away , by the time I got to the vet his eye started showing signs of puffiness and lots more funkiness. Took him to the back.. they flushed it,, looked at it with a light(and I'm assuming some iodine) to rule out any accidental scratches . . And came back with antibiotics /injection of two different antibiotics.. gave me some more ear cleaner because apparently deep in his ears it was pretty badly infected. And I took him home... got antibiotic tablets, eye drops ,, eye gel , ear cleaner and ear drops as well. Expensive. And since hes been back, hes been totally out of it.. literally placed him on the couch all cozy and came home from work (bf kept checking on him) but he hadn't moved.... for 7 hours! I picked him up and placed him in front of food and water and he finally started eating and drinking. His eye is far more swollen at this point. Just waiting for the morning to see (and hope) for it to chill out a bit more. Anyone deal with this before ? Like wth! Why did this happen!!

Attachments

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Happy healing vibes are sent. That poor baby. I will be looking for updates. If you don’t see any improvement, I would get him to the vet again ASAP.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor sweet baby! I have no idea why that would happen so suddenly. But you definitely did the right thing in going to the vet right away. It looks miserable. Hopefully with medication there will be improvement soon. Good job, mommy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Cydney oh nooo
Healing vibe sent!
Did the vet say if the dye test revealed A scratched cornea ?
Maybe stung ? Spider bite ?

What was the diagnosis ?

Hugs to you amd your baby!
Following closely for updates
definitely keep your vet in the loop with updates and revisit if necessary

You can do the turgor test to check and monitor his hydration
A lair full of healing vibes!
Here for you !

What meds were sent home with him?

Last edited:

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Goodness!!
Poor thing!
Good job getting him in to the vet right away.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Healing vibes are sent. Hope the meds will start to work fast. If not, indeed a good idea to go back to the vet. Hugs

Sylvia

Lairian
Woke up this morning to hear my sweat lil man invert sneezing/gagging/snorting? His eye had some gunk a little more than morning sleepies. Took him in right away , by the time I got to the vet his eye started showing signs of puffiness and lots more funkiness. Took him to the back.. they flushed it,, looked at it with a light(and I'm assuming some iodine) to rule out any accidental scratches . . And came back with antibiotics /injection of two different antibiotics.. gave me some more ear cleaner because apparently deep in his ears it was pretty badly infected. And I took him home... got antibiotic tablets, eye drops ,, eye gel , ear cleaner and ear drops as well. Expensive. And since hes been back, hes been totally out of it.. literally placed him on the couch all cozy and came home from work (bf kept checking on him) but he hadn't moved.... for 7 hours! I picked him up and placed him in front of food and water and he finally started eating and drinking. His eye is far more swollen at this point. Just waiting for the morning to see (and hope) for it to chill out a bit more. Anyone deal with this before ? Like wth! Why did this happen!!
I'm so sorry to here about his eye is swollen don't worry I think his eye will heal I'm praying for and your baby so sweet looking

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Cydney checking in for updates
Sending a lair full of positive healing vibes