Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Toothless is solid black; I went searching for a black I wanted a little Night Furry (How to Train Your Dragon)

My normal breeder never gets black or blue kittens, so I had to do some research to find a breeder who did.
I don't know about rare, but I must say I did have trouble finding solid black as apposed to black with a white spot here or there ..

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have both a solid blue and a solid black... I haven't really seen any from breeders around here. When we got molly, I think the whole litter was blues and blacks. @Luv Sphynx why were you wondering?

Luv Sphynx

Lairian
Toothless is solid black; I went searching for a black I wanted a little Night Furry (How to Train Your Dragon)

My normal breeder never gets black or blue kittens, so I had to do some research to find a breeder who did.
I don't know about rare, but I must say I did have trouble finding solid black as apposed to black with a white spot here or there ..

Do you like the way the solid black look? I am trying to decide between solid black or solid blue I like them both. Do you think the solid black is more stunning?

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mine actually both look so different because they have 2 different face shapes. They share the same dad, but different moms.

Molly's face is more short and square:
20141205_120930.jpg

And Leo's has a longer snout:
20141205_120818.jpg

Here they are together:
20140330_160723.jpg

I like her colouring better... but everyone always says he is the cute one.

I would look at personality, if you have the choice between the two of them. And a healthy one is always better, regardless of colour.

Luv Sphynx

Lairian
Mine actually both look so different because they have 2 different face shapes. They share the same dad, but different moms.

Molly's face is more short and square:View attachment 56081

View attachment 56082
Here they are together:
View attachment 56083

I would look at personality, if you have the choice between the two of them. And a healthy one is always better, regardless of colour.

Thank you for sharing the pictures. It just seems like the black is more a striking stunning look. They are both beautiful. You have to decide so young before personalities show or someone else scoops them up. :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Totally understand...perhaps breeder can give a better description of the litter. Which is cuddly, which is adventurous etc so you have a better feel for which fits.

Patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
image.jpg
@Luv Sphynx : it is indeed really difficult to choose between the colours. When they're so young it's difficult to see what personality they have.
If your really lucky you find a breeder like mine who said "come to see my 5 boys. You can choose the two you want, just choose by colour...oh how funny that was: 5 pink (?) boys, no spot no nothing to keep them apart:ROFLMAO:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
View attachment 56104 @Luv Sphynx : it is indeed really difficult to choose between the colours. When they're so young it's difficult to see what personality they have.
If your really lucky you find a breeder like mine who said "come to see my 5 boys. You can choose the two you want, just choose by colour...oh how funny that was: 5 pink (?) boys, no spot no nothing to keep them apart:ROFLMAO:

Uh ooh...to make sure I'm not misunderstood: I am not trying to sell this kittens! I just tried to tell the story of how things went when I was trying to choose 2 boys out of 5 completly the same coloured boys. Wish I could express myself better in English, sorry!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Uh ooh...to make sure I'm not misunderstood: I am not trying to sell this kittens! I just tried to tell the story of how things went when I was trying to choose 2 boys out of 5 completly the same coloured boys. Wish I could express myself better in English, sorry!

It's perfect English!

So how did you pick two from those five?!!

Saying that, when I picked Mo, he was one of three red boys (and two tortie girls) but something just made him stand out to me! I guess you do just know!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Sam lewis : I just didn't pick two out of 5! My breeder did:wideyed: .
I went to visit the kittens 4 times before they were old enough to take them home with me. All four times I said "that one is so cute and that one is so funny, I want those to". And then they went of running with all the brothers and...I didn't have a clue which two I just picked:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

So when they got chiped my breeder and I decided she would just write two on my name. When I came to get them we had to chase the kittens with the chip machine (is that the correct name for the thing you need to scan your cat?) to get the two right ones.
My breeder told me she never had kittens who looked that much like eachother.

At home I knew in just one second: Toa and Ross were the right ones for me:love:

@Luv Sphynx : good luck with your search. Hope you'll find the perfect sphynx for you

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pixie would like to be adopted by someone who doesn't put clothes on her, please.
Like, today.
Right now, in fact.
Please!
20170201_172224.jpg
20170201_172323.jpg

Mum is TORTURING her!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
P.S. I like the tuxedo ones.
And blue eyes. I'd love to have a blue eyed one. :)
Instead I have grumpy kitty who will probably murder me in my sleep.

MaoSphynx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Molly's face is more short and square:View attachment 56081

View attachment 56082
Here they are together:
View attachment 56083

I see why Leo is so full of glares and angry.His half sister Molly is stepping on his tail

Back