Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Rash on Legs and Face

ilovedex87

Lairian
Poor little Dexter has started showing signs of a rash on his front legs & less severe but still visible on his face right above his eyes.. I am going to take him into the vet tomorrow, but just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this. Where it is located on his paws is the same place that he licks in order to clean his face, which I am guessing that is how it spread there. The spots are slightly raised, they don't seem to be bothering him.. I am still really worried. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

the picture is the worse of the two legs.. :(

Attachments

• dexterleg.jpg
    dexterleg.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 123

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awwe poor fella...Im sure someone has some advice. I haven't experienced this. Hope it clears up fast.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Claire Bare is wrinkly ;) and I have entederm ointment to put a little bit 1x a day on her above eye area wrinkle and fron paw area
It is not uncommon. I have seen the combo of sore on the leg and above the eye from rubbing it.. Not sure if this is Dexter's case but worth exploring.

Have to changed litter brands? Soap? Shampoo? Something in his environment?

Keep us posts on your vet visit :)

Healing thoughts to Dexter:)

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It could be an allergic reaction to any cleaners, or food he wasn't supposed to get into. Pip had the same problem, her's ended up being from a cleaner's fumes. I hope it goes away soon for him!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Hope the vet can help narrow it down for you. Many times it is an allergic reaction. Might ask vet if Veteriycn spray might help. I find it helps with many topical skin issues.Please update the thread...and I wish you good luck.

Patti

Last edited:

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Might be urticaria pigmentosa ask the vet to do the scraping and put it under the microscope.

Bails613

Lairian
My Sphynx breaks out in a rash in the places he licks after eating due to food allergies. I've got him on Blue Basics. It has basic ingredients and he hasn't had a rash since switching.

Back