Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Rash

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
image.jpeg
My Raphael has developed this rash. It came so fast. Started as a few pink spots on her head last evening. This morning there are more and they are raised and rough to the touch. I am heading to the vet with her in 15 minutes. I'll let you all know what the vet says. Poor baby, although it doesn't seem to bother her.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hopefully it is just a reaction to something topical and will clear up quickly. Will be looking forward to the vet report later on. Hugs

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just home from the vet. No fever, everything looks great. The vet thinks the rash could be an allergic reaction. I bought a different type of food although it was the same brand. She gave Raphael an antihistamine shot and gave me some oral antihistamine to give her over the next couple of days. The vet will phone me on Wednesday to see how she is doing.

The vet mentioned, although unlikely, it could be ring worms. Raphael does not go outside and I don't have plants in my house so not likely.

It must be so hard to be a vet when your patients can't tell you what is wrong. This rash does not seem to bother Raphael, no scratching. Poor baby.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Annejo12 , awhhh
I will be following closely for updates
Did the vet mention ruling out ringworm with testing ?

Fwiw , my dog broke out in a rash reaction to a food change even in the same brand at the time
Acana

Does look like allergy reactions we have seen here

Healing vibes! Keep us updated on Raphael often
((Hugs)))

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 , awhhh
I will be following closely for updates
Did the vet mention ruling out ringworm with testing ?

Fwiw , my dog broke out in a rash reaction to a food change even in the same brand at the time
Acana

Does look like allergy reactions we have seen here

Healing vibes! Keep us updated on Raphael often
((Hugs)))
Thank you. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. I was the one who ruled out ringworm because she is an inside cat. But if the vet wants to test for it I won't disagree. I sent the vet pictures of how it looks today. Just scabs but no more spots than yesterday. The vet had said on Monday that she will give me a call Wednesday. If she wants us to come back in we will. Here is a picture from today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 70

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone. Some of the smaller scabs have fallen off. None of it seemed to bother her. If the scabs are still there Sunday, I will see if the vet can see her Monday.

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My vet called me today. I had sent her pictures of the scabs. She has some topical ointment she wants me to pick up. The ointment has antibiotics in it. They still don't seem to bother Raphael and she seems to be on the mend. Yippy!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
My vet called me today. I had sent her pictures of the scabs. She has some topical ointment she wants me to pick up. The ointment has antibiotics in it. They still don't seem to bother Raphael and she seems to be on the mend. Yippy!

Great update

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
image.jpeg
Today, still no idea what it was but am happy it is gone. Thanks for the emotional support you all give.

Back