Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Rash?

stephanysphynx

Lairian
So my girl had this rash appear this morning. There are only two causes I can think of. She just mated with a new male and I know the scratches on the back of the neck are normal but could they cause her to break out? Her butt/vag area is red and swollen looking. Could he have been sick or something? Also I just started using breeze litter pellets about a week ago but hadn’t noticed any other breakouts or rashes. Anyone’s cat been allergic to breeze pellets? Just wondering opinions before I go to the vet. Thanks!

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
@stephanysphynx , agree to rule out the litter as the culprit. many of us use unscented litter. if you like the pellet litters, I had good results with "yesterdays news Unscented " pellets with my first sphynx. I later changed to Dr Elseys Unscented I was told about here just bcz I preferred a clumping litter. do you have vetericyn spray? many of use it since it is non toxic and works well. can you switch back or still have some of the previous litter to see if it resolves the skin flare up? please keep us updated :). for peace of mind , can you email your vet the photos?

stephanysphynx

Lairian
Okay I will look into those brands! I don’t have any spray where can I get it from? Yes I still have some I will switch back and see if there are any changes! I called my vet just to ask and he suggested the same thing!