Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Ratios

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here--hope everyone is well and enjoyed the holidays! I am thinking of switching to a new raw food mixture (have been ordering from Hare-Today for the past few years--now looking for something that is already pre-mixed w/ bone and organ). The place I am looking at ordering from does two complete mixes. One has an 70/8/12 ration and the other has a 80/10/10 ratio (contains herring oil & d-alpha-tocopherol (vitamin e). Just wondering which would be best to stay within the recommended ratios for my na-kids.

The new place I am looking at (Raw Paws) is a less costly and I won't have to mix like I do now. Hoping the picky eaters will like the taste/texture as we all know how finiky they can be!

TIA!!

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know what you mean about the ratios. Whole chicken for example is like 20-30% bone. I used to go through the hassle of buying extra boneless breast to mix in. Pain in the you know what. But I found another source - Raw Feeding Miami - which sells the ground meat all in 80-10-10 ratios. You might want to look them up.

For what it's worth I still buy rabbit from Hare Today. The whole carcass ground rabbit is 80-10-10. This is the one that is ground with the fur and all so of course the bone is more diluted. My cats didn't "love it" as much as me LOL so I compromised with them and now I mix 50% of this with 50% of the ground rabbit that's furless. It averages out to 12.5% bone which is close enough to perfect for me.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hey, you, great to see you again!!!

A little late, but yes, the 80-10-10 sounds good. @Condo commando offers up another good resource.

The nice thing about delving into raw options now is that it seems more common even than a few years ago, offering up more options.

Let us know how your na-kids enjoy their new food!