Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Raven having accidents.

Marerickson

Lairian
All of the sudden Raven has been peeing in weird spots. First the bathtub. Then on this little cat bed that has her toys in it. Now in the crinkly tunnel toy thing. (It isn't daily but each incident has been 2-3 days apart from one another) I thoroughly cleaned my tub and haven't allowed her back in the bathroom since, and I threw away the other objects to ensure the scent was nowhere to be found to entice her to repeat this behavior. Is she trying to make it known that these are her things or do you think she has a bladder infection or UTI? I am slightly freaking out because I know how hard it is to get rid of the scent of cat urine. She always has easy access to the litter boxes and her and Zhuri love eachother so I don't feel like it's because she is uncomfortable. I plan to call my vet tomorrow to drop off a urine sample but agh HELP!!!

Marerickson

Lairian
Enzyme cleaner should do the trick :) and if it was me I'd be getting to a vet asap just to be safe.
Yes! She was just there on Wednesday So i think i will call and see if i can just drop off a urine sample, she is acting fine & playing, eating/drinking like normal so I definitely want to rule out any kind of medical issues!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well hopefully all is well :) not sure how old/long you've had your babies, but maybe it's an old box?? the smell could turn her off possibly. or maybe the times she pees out links to how empty the box is??

Marerickson

Lairian
Well hopefully all is well :) not sure how old/long you've had your babies, but maybe it's an old box?? the smell could turn her off possibly. or maybe the times she pees out links to how empty the box is??
Nope i have 2 girls one is 4 months one is 6 months they always use the same boxes no problems and I got the first box in may when i got my first girl and the other boxes in june when raven came home. I keep the boxes clean and top off the litter in between changing it. I have read I could be over cleaning/scooping the box and she doesn't find her scent as easily but I don't think I am doing that but it's a possibility!

Marerickson

Lairian
Guys!! It isnt raven as suspected! It is ZHURI!!! My little angel! Do you think this misbehaving has anything to do with just getting spayed?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Marerickson I would definitely follow up with the vet and ask about spay incomtinemce amd still would drop of a urine sample to rule out any brewing UTI ? Stress related?
((Hugs)))

Also , a breeder friend of mine recommends Anti icky poo enzyme cleaner (supposedly the unscented in woth thr purple label is stronger ths. The orginal formula in red label)
Anti-Icky-Poo is Most Recommended by Veterinarians Anti-Icky-Poo.com
I got it when I adopted my nakeds just in case of any accidents - never had to use it so now I add it to the wash to wash cat and dog bedding .
I got it online from a different "e" site
Just saw anti ickypoo on my vets product shelf too

Head smooches sent to Raven and Zhuri
((Big hugs to you )))

Please keep us updated!

@Marerickson , here is a pic

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Marerickson

Lairian
Ugh my vet wants to do a sterile sample by sticking a large needle in her stomach to take a sample from her bladder directly. I am not at all comfortable with this unless it is a last resort? I collected a urine sample myself, id rather they test that before doing the alternative. She has been through enough this past week

Marerickson

Lairian
@Marerickson I would definitely follow up with the vet and ask about spay incomtinemce amd still would drop of a urine sample to rule out any brewing UTI ? Stress related?
((Hugs)))

Also , a breeder friend of mine recommends Anti icky poo enzyme cleaner (supposedly the unscented in woth thr purple label is stronger ths. The orginal formula in red label)
Anti-Icky-Poo is Most Recommended by Veterinarians Anti-Icky-Poo.com
I got it when I adopted my nakeds just in case of any accidents - never had to use it so now I add it to the wash to wash cat and dog bedding .
I got it online from a different "e" site
Just saw anti ickypoo on my vets product shelf too

Head smooches sent to Raven and Zhuri
((Big hugs to you )))

Please keep us updated!

@Marerickson , here is a pic

View attachment 79620
Thanks! I ordered this just to always have on hand! They sent her urine sample to the lab so we will see what it comes back as!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Marerickson , I was worried too about the cystiocentesis - and after regular sampling I went with the cystio for Yoda with no complications .. He left the vet's office and acted like no test had been done

Keep us updated!
Head smooches and hugs
Extra cuddle time

I just ordered a vetericyn opthalmic gel for my boy to keep on hand
I swear they have their own shelf of go to stuff

Marerickson

Lairian
@Marerickson , I was worried too about the cystiocentesis - and after regular sampling I went with the cystio for Yoda with no complications .. He left the vet's office and acted like no test had been done

Keep us updated!
Head smooches and hugs
Extra cuddle time

I just ordered a vetericyn opthalmic gel for my boy to keep on hand
I swear they have their own shelf of go to stuff
They sent out her urine sample today but worst case scenario we will take a direct sample. I just feel awful making that the first option! What was the result of yours??

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't know how I missed this til just now...but sending big hugs and gentle head buts to you and yours. Poor Zhuri:kiss: Saying prayers and sending good vibes your way!

Marerickson

Lairian
Don't know how I missed this til just now...but sending big hugs and gentle head buts to you and yours. Poor Zhuri:kiss: Saying prayers and sending good vibes your way!
Thank you! Hoping everything just goes back to normal soon! I want my pre-spay baby back. She is just so upset with me i feel horrible!

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think it must be harder with girls...my boys acted like nothing happened within 48hrs. How is her healing going? No issues I hope! Poor little love...I know how you must be feeling...you worry so much:nailbiting: and they can't just tell us what's wrong:( Keep us updated! Big hugs coming your way!

Marerickson

Lairian
I think it must be harder with girls...my boys acted like nothing happened within 48hrs. How is her healing going? No issues I hope! Poor little love...I know how you must be feeling...you worry so much:nailbiting: and they can't just tell us what's wrong:( Keep us updated! Big hugs coming your way!
Yes i feel like she is just so sore! Her incision looks fine and she is eating/drinking normal but she is just grumpy as all hell and peed in the tub :( and now tonight raven had explosive diahhrea!! What is my life lol, never a dull moment with these two, probably why i am such a worry wart! I honestly think sometimes I feed raven too much and that is what gives her the runs, nothing else in her diet has changed to affect her! Weird! But, all will end up being fine! I am just trying my best not to stress out so much:)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Marerickson , awhhh ((hugs)))) stay positive - here for you !
Let us know the results of the test

As for Raven - has anything changed ?
Curious - protein level of food ? long shot but sometimes it causes loose stool
No table scraps or treat food switch ups here or mine get a little loose -

**** Healing vibes sent - Just a thought - is the litter box entrance high or a top entry ?
Does she have a cone on from surgery t? That perhaps is awkward to go into a covered box?

Perhaps too sore to jump in litter box ? Is the tub shower walk in?
I put out a low profile box for my girl when she got spayed

Waht did the vet say about the girls?

Marerickson

Lairian
@Marerickson , awhhh ((hugs)))) stay positive - here for you !
Let us know the results of the test

As for Raven - has anything changed ?
Curious - protein level of food ? long shot but sometimes it causes loose stool
No table scraps or treat food switch ups here or mine get a little loose -

**** Healing vibes sent - Just a thought - is the litter box entrance high or a top entry ?
Does she have a cone on from surgery t? That perhaps is awkward to go into a covered box?

Perhaps too sore to jump in litter box ? Is the tub shower walk in?
I put out a low profile box for my girl when she got spayed

Waht did the vet say about the girls?
Thank you! I will keep you all posted when i hear the results! As for raven, nothing has changed. I don't do table scraps and only one type of treat since we have had her. No switch up in her food except sometimes i feel like i feed her a little too much and that causes her to have a little belly ache. Gonna start weighing the girls food with my kitchen scale! So i have 2 cat boxes one is a high side with a cover and that is the one Zhuri prefers and even after her surgery she went in there, my tub is a normal tub not a walk in so it definitely wasn't easier access. (She doesnt have a cone, only did for about a day and a half) And i do have another box which is a low profile smaller one with no cover that she also will use on occasion. Im not sure what the issue was i think honestly she was just so mad at me for her spay. She is doing so much better today and actually purring, laying on my with raven so that is definitely a good feeling!! The vet is going to call tomorrow or friday with her urine test results but i am not as worried as i was. She gets her stiches out on monday so we are in the home stretch! Pictures to follow!

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 24

Marerickson

Lairian
No word from the vet on her results yet but she peed on her cat scratcher toy tonight :arghh::cry: so frustrating! I see her go in the box all the time (not just one of the boxes she will use any of them) and i will give her a treat after and praise her but then bam, randomly she will pee somewhere bad! I know this probably sounds awful but I would almost feel better if they called tomorrow with results like a simple UTI rather than this being a behavioral issue because I don't know how to fix it! I am open to any suggestions while I impatiently wait for her urine test results!

Yoda mom

Staff member
((Hugs)))
All paws crossed they get results tomorrow!
I didn't know they send out to the lab..
I am only familiar with thr cystiocemtesis done in office amd results given by vet
Out of curiosity , I used my pool spa test strip smd tested his pee Ph level -
I took it to the vet with my day of cystio and got the same Ph results
My vet gave him a treat,eat plan and I asked if it was ok to monitor Ph with my pool spa strips -
She saod thst would be fine - they do sell urine test strips but I have so many pool ones I just use those to still occasionally monitor .. It will read higher if they just ate

Poor girl - I pray you get answers soon!
I would definitely ask about spay incomtinemce possibility if it's not a UTI

Definitely use an enzyme cleaner - I was told my the anti icky ooo seller that unscented version is stronger and often the preferred one for kitty pee

How often is she peeing a day ? Is it a bunch of smaller amounts ?

Marerickson

Lairian
((Hugs)))
All paws crossed they get results tomorrow!
I didn't know they send out to the lab..
I am only familiar with thr cystiocemtesis done in office amd results given by vet
Out of curiosity , I used my pool spa test strip smd tested his pee Ph level -
I took it to the vet with my day of cystio and got the same Ph results
My vet gave him a treat,eat plan and I asked if it was ok to monitor Ph with my pool spa strips -
She saod thst would be fine - they do sell urine test strips but I have so many pool ones I just use those to still occasionally monitor .. It will read higher if they just ate

Poor girl - I pray you get answers soon!
I would definitely ask about spay incomtinemce possibility if it's not a UTI

Definitely use an enzyme cleaner - I was told my the anti icky ooo seller that unscented version is stronger and often the preferred one for kitty pee

How often is she peeing a day ? Is it a bunch of smaller amounts ?
Thanks! She is peeing a normal amount of times i'd say. Not small amounts or just drops or anything. Yeah they sent it out to a lab. I pray it isn't a complication due to surgery i will feel so terrible! I just dont understand why it is happening so naturally it is consuming me and giving me anxiety until i can find a solution!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Positive vibes sent your way and a big hug for you and head smooches to the girls
ALl paws crossed for an answer and solution!
I use this pic as a reference to monitor my crew

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 11

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Marerickson I'm soooo sorry you and poor Zhuri are having such a rough time! I wish our good vibes and healing prayers could just make it go away! Sending big hugs and gentle head buts to you and the girls! Hopefully you will hear from the vet tomorrow. It's rough not knowing if it's medical or behavioral...at least if you can narrow that down you will know what direction to go in. Buck & Pinky send their love!

Marerickson

Lairian
@Marerickson I'm soooo sorry you and poor Zhuri are having such a rough time! I wish our good vibes and healing prayers could just make it go away! Sending big hugs and gentle head buts to you and the girls! Hopefully you will hear from the vet tomorrow. It's rough not knowing if it's medical or behavioral...at least if you can narrow that down you will know what direction to go in. Buck & Pinky send their love!
Thank you!! I appreciate all of the love! I am just cuddling them, loving them and spoiling the heck out of them as much as I can, (while spending every free second I can following them around and to thr cat box so I can monitor their potty time) lol. It's going to be okay, I know it will... just a matter of when! Say hi to Buck & Pinky for us!!

Back