Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Raven is on the Run

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I’ve been worried about how Raven would do outside in the backyard since we adopted her in November, especially since the previous owner let her outside to roam freely, and was even missing for a month. Lo and behold, she was not shy about trying to escape and fly with the birds! I’ll have to keep a close eye on her during backyard adventures from now on. Hence the harness and leash to help me snatch her back from an attempted escape!!!! Naughty girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
Yikes!
Definitely double check amd recheck leash and harness ! Non are escape proof so keep that in mind

also just from an experience never trust a “flexi “ lead I feel you are considering one

Phew Raven you are a wild child!

I alway remember the words of a previous momma when I adopted .
“Love and keep him safe “

Head smooches to all paws

Toa and Ross

Staff member
No way I show this video to my crew! :). My crew have no idea how to climb a fence and I'm sure they would love to have a teacher like Raven. She hopped on the fence so easily. A very adventurous girl.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Sheldon13 it did scare the pee-waddlins out of me too! The first time she did it, I was definitely not expecting it. No harness, no lead, and I was half way up a ladder passing my boyfriend a broom for the garage roof. You bet I jumped down that entire ladder and RAN to snatch her, I was so worried that she was going to jump on to the other side and dash.

@NinaGato I definitely need to figure out something to Raven proof the fence, there's no relaxing in the yard when shes out. I have to watch her like a hawk.

@Catzzzmeow I wouldn't put it past her to jump down, I scooped her off the fence right after I caught her on video. Now she has to stay on my lap, shes not allowed near the fence anymore lol.

@Yoda mom She's already figured out how to wiggle her way out of the harness when I put tension on it to see what she would do. Such a naughty girl! She absolutely loves to be outside and watch the birds, so now she has limitations when it comes to backyard privileges. I couldn't believe my eyes when she was sizing up the fence, and sure enough leaped to fly with the birds. She will only be allowed out by my side from now on.

@Toa and Ross I fear my boys might learn from her as well. I've been lucky so far that they're just so happy to be outside, that they just lay back and relax, and watch the birds. They're good boys, they don't want to leave their mama :ROFLMAO:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 a good reminder you shared that no harness is escape proof !
They are very agile and determined
I remember the first time I was left standing shocked with leash in hand and watching kitty bolt out of a harness

Phew... let us know what yard kitty proofing ideas you can share with all of us :)

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@ bailey21 you better protect my grand babies. Never want a repeat of the Yoda escape. My heart was broke for a bit lol. Now Raven you listen to mama outside or grandma will hide the treats and bring Letty down. Lol

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back