Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Raven Joins the Stargate Club!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom we officially have another member of the Stargate club! I thought to try and show Raven to run on the wheel yesterday. I was amazed, one sardine treat and she was right on there and that’s all it took! She now runs all by herself and she loves it!
[

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Xandria FYI only one of mine joined the stargate club ! Toby loves it ! Got it last year
He uses it regularly all hours - runs to it when I tell him" Toby go fast "
he gets on and chirps away
He does run on his own all hours and in the middle of the night just in case you are considering

My others just look at Toby on the wheel and go back to sleep lol
may have to try the sardine treats

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom thank you for editing out the wrong vid. The sardines are a new treat I’m trying in a bag. I’ve started a new routine too every Saturday after ear and nail spa day I open a can of sardines for my 3 to share! They go crazy for them. Here’s the new treats I’ve gotten. I really like them for Stargate training as you can easily hold one out in front on the track due to their size. 2/3 of my guys like them.
aaa05ccc88ac3326efdb2e83fd8b8a98.jpg
ce6293e148b3a6a1a76ab4803e2e1bb4.jpg
28f7baee19707a29642de4870d2cc58a.jpg

@Xandria here you are! Filmed just now for you :) Raven really does love the wheel, she runs really fast ! I haven’t gotten her full speed on video yet. She was running all night, I fell asleep listening to the sound of the wheel turn lol!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Wow Raven really loves it! So sweet how she first came to give a kiss to the camera for the @Xandria video:). She really seems to listen to you and do what you ask. Very cool!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That is so awesome!!!

I keep thinking I need to get one for Min so she can get her yayaz out. Last night she trashed Hubby's office (went on a rampage). Min has so much energy, even when we play with her nonstop.

I think we'll have to get one later this year. Who knows where we'll put it though. ha ha

@Bailey21 -- hey, those treats are in my hood! Granville Island, Vancouver. So cool. And your nakids aren't spoiled at all! hahahahaha

Thank you so much for the additional Raven videos!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yup, I have the same door climber too! ha ha. Mine is sagging a bit and I had to remove all the sissal when Min came to our home as she is allergic to sissal. What a job that was, I can tell you.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 go Raven go! You go girl!

I must get that mat toy! Where did you get it ?
Would be better than Yoda attacking my toes under covers lol

@MelissaAlice
The stargate is big but but not too wide
Putting it against a wall is great like the video

I have the same smart climber ! It's like a sphnyx super highway and I used it to train with s treat placed on it meet and greats to stay away from opening doors

It has held up great with all 4 of mine romping on it
I put a folded towel behind it
Definitely one of the best Sphynx stuff purchases

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Xandria oh my gosh I don’t even want to know how long that took. It’s covered in sisal!!

@Yoda mom Do you mean the circle thingy on the floor? If so, we just got that on the weekend, and all 3 of my crew love it!! I turn it on when I leave on lunch to go back to work and it keeps them entertained while nobody is home :) We got it from my local PaulMacs, which is owned by Pet Valu. It’s made by Petlinks. Here’s the box :) I’m super happy with the purchase.
8b27e0ecb90e9ee97edfe9cd8662dfa8.jpg

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom Did you know that One Fast Cat has now changed their return policy? I had no idea until @Monica mentioned that she was considering buying one until she read that the wheels can now only be returned unused and unassembled with a $50 restocking fee in the 30 days. I guess they have gotten rid of the 30 day trial period, which I feel would definitely be a big deterrent for people who aren't sure if their kitty will take to it or not.

Back