Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Raw and dry??

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Was just wandering if dry and raw work well together?

I leave dry food down for Mo and Lola during the day. I was wandering if feeding raw once a day on top of that would work ok? I'd obviously leave less dry food out. As you probably know, Mo has IBS and so he is on a low allergen dry food. But wandered if I gave him a meal a day of raw too that may help?

Any advice? Thanks

At the moment we're feeding our baby 4 wet meals a day, was meant to be 3 high quality wet catfood and 1 raw but she decided she hates the catfood she's been on the past 4 months so we ordered some different, in the meantime she's on 4 raw meals a day. Now apparently we were told that if the 4 wet meals a day didn't work for us (since me and my partner both work) then our breeder said it would be ok to feed her wet/raw in the morning, some dry while we were at work (not a lot though) and 2 other wet meals in the evening (raw or cat food). So I dont think mixing dry and raw would be bad for your kitty, if anything wouldnt eating a raw meal be better for him than eating a dry food? Only thing that would be a problem would be getting him used to the raw if he's never really eaten it I'd imagine and hoping he likes it :)