Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Raw for 1 day awesome results already!!

Sphynxxdad

Lairian
I’ve been asking questions in the sphinx questions room about Extremely smelly poo and horrible litter issues and even poop sticking to our girls rear. We had been planning on switching to raw eventually but we just got her and wanted to learn a bit more. Anyway, I read that raw helps with the bad litter smells and we’d had enough. It was bad. Yesterday we made sure to give plenty of time after she had eaten her last kibble meal. Then last night I got some chicken hearts and cut them up and gave that to her. She tried it but wouldn’t eat it. I mixed them with some wet food and she started eating it. This morning she ate the mix again which is about 50/50. It hasn’t even been a full day yet and the results are amazing. She’s pooped only once today so far compared to the many times as usual and it was solid and healthy. She’s been having diarrhea of different consistencies since we got her with a rare solid one mixed in. No smell and no poop stuck to her rear. We're going to make the rest of the transition to fully raw as we can but we are absolutely amazed at how fast the result have been. Awesome!!

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yay another conversion! Lol but seriously, it really is the most bio appropriate diet for them. I wish my girl was still willing to eat it (we did raw for years) but sadly I have trouble even getting her to eat smelly canned food.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yup, on lazy days where I just pick up their kibble in the morn then wet food at night, the nuggets and pee clumps in the litter box literally triple or quadruple. Raw wins every time, unless of course your kitty tires of it and u have to do protein rotation.

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Isn't it fantastic?

Raw food options are much more plentiful today than when I started raw feeding (unfortunately prices are up too). The best part is vets are coming around to it. Early in my raw feeding journey there was some reason I took one of my cats for an xray.....of course bone shows up perfectly in an xray so in her stomach you could see bone from raw food. The vet was all aghast LOL. But, here we still are and it's been 7 years and counting.

Here is an informative post on chicken hearts.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Lol that’s hilarious! Like yes, there are broken bones in this body...and it’s on purpose.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need