Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Raw Meat Ratios

Ughh!! Just when I thought I was done with all my questions!! Ok, so I have ordered my meat from Hare-Today.. I ordered some w/ bones/organs (for my Alnutrin mix) and some without (for my Bitr mix). For the ones that contain meat/bone/organ, is the ratio of 80/10/10 correct and do I achieve this by mixing half and half. For example, I ordered Ground Chicken w/ bones/organs which is a ratio of 68/27/5. If I mix in 1 lb. of boneless chicken breasts with 1 lb. of this mix, that would get it down to 13.5%. Would that be acceptable? Just want to make sure I get this right..don't want to do more harm than good for my little guy. As always..thank you all!!

Calicocious

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I emailed with someone from Hare Today about their meat/bone/organ mixes. The poultry are around 15-18% bone as they are depending on the type. Chicken will be at the higher end, turkey at the lower. Their rabbit falls in that range too. They do take out some of the larger bone pieces so the bone ratios aren't so high. I would still add some ground meat to bring it down but it won't take as much.

Calicocious

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Cancel what I said above. I looked at the site and they now post the ratios of the grinds. And they are not what they told me in their emails! Sorry about that.