Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Re: Everyone's Opinion

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry I haven't been on in a while; the summer get so hectic with work & stuff, anyways... we were thinking of getting Kramer a buddy.... he is almost 6 months now.... what is everyone's opinion on this? We still want him to be real interactive with us & this is our first Sphynx, I know sometimes regular cats will bond with each other & ignore everyone else & we don't want that to happen. Oh, it would be another boy ... no girls in the house.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kerrie,
Welcome back!:Laugh: I can tell you Leo and Athena are both lovey doveys most of the time but they like the companionship with each other during the day when were not home. I dont think the lovin will change, although they may take sides with you or hubby.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have three cats, Piglet and my two Siamese (regular) cats, and I've found that having multiple cats haven't lessen their bond with me at all....they are still all over me when I am home. However, it's nice to know that they can keep each other company when I'm not home also.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I dont think it will matter.
I have 5 cats and only 1 is a sphynx and they all still love me the same.
I am getting another sphynx as soon as there is a good show quality spyhnx avaliable.
I would get another cat sphynx.
Karmer will still love you.
I just wonder if Cleo will sleep with the next sphyn or my cats with fur.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That makes us feel better; although Kramer prefers me over my husband any ways which makes him MAD :Angry: LOL! He said that a new one will probably like me anyway. Kramer plays with the dogs just when they get really excited they are so big compared to him that if they start jumping around he gets a little scared... which I would too!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hey stranger, I know what you are saying summer is busy and so short :ThumbsDown: my husband keeps teasing me because since we got back from vacation I still have new posts to read, mind you he didn't have to do any laundry or go to the food store, unpack, clean litter boxes, or dog poop in the yard:Sweat::Surprise:! So here I am trying to catch up! I would say get another I think when they have each other when no one is home it is good for them and when everyone is home there is more sphynx to go around! Best of luck:ThumbsUp:

Brooke

Banned
Kerrie, I had the same fear, plus I was afraid that Walter would be mad at me forever if I brought another cat home because he's always been the only animal in the house, even with his previous owner.

Well, I've only had Helen since Saturday, and he was upset for the first 2 days. That's it! He's back to his normal old self now, plenty of sphynx love to go around! :ThumbsUp:

I say go for it!!

Back