Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Re-home for my sphynx girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelahSphynx

Lairian
Please help! I live in North Alabama, and have a sweet 1 1/2 year old seal point sphynx female. My husband and I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment and need to find her a new home with more room. We are also expecting a baby and will eventually move, but I know I won't be able to give her the attention that she needs, and money will be a little tighter. She is so sweet and I love her so much. Please help! If you are interested, please get in touch with me. [email protected]

Shell_Baby

Lairian
I haven't heard back from her yet, but all fingers, toes, and paws are crossed on this end! This would be a huge answer to prayer for me, and a wonderful addition to our home! Hugs to all of you - keep prayin' that this all works out!:ThumbsUp:

Gizzymom

Banned
Man, I am so impressed with both parties involved in this!! It must be so hard to rehome your kitty... but if you are going to have an environment where a sphynx cannot get tons of attention... you are doing the absolute right thing for your kitty!! And Shell Baby willing to all that way to adopt this little girl is fantastic!

I HOPE this works out!!! Fingers and paws crossed!!!:ThumbsUp:

Update us when you know, Shell Baby!

SelahSphynx

Lairian
Well, both leads to an adoption didn't work out. I understand in both cases. I didn't know anything about HCM screenings, as shell baby had concerns about my baby not havin this screening. And, I completely understand! I am going to schedule a vet appointment to have her screened. I don't want to give her up, and look to this as God is gonna work this out for us to keep her. I am just so concerned with a new baby coming and how much attention I can give to both. Also, I don't know how she will react to a human baby! I think that it will be fine, but want it to go smoothly. I think I am just a huge worrier. With a baby coming, I am apprehensive about finances, too. I guess it is a worry for every first time mommy. I do know, that a piece of my heart would go with Margeaux if I had to let her go. So, I pray that God works this out and am also pray that both Shell baby and Bronwyn find their new babies. Thanks so much for being great cheerleaders everyone! :)

Also, anybody out there have a sphynx and new human baby coexisting? Any tips/advice? Thanks!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Well, both leads to an adoption didn't work out. I understand in both cases. I didn't know anything about HCM screenings, as shell baby had concerns about my baby not havin this screening. And, I completely understand! I am going to schedule a vet appointment to have her screened. I don't want to give her up, and look to this as God is gonna work this out for us to keep her. I am just so concerned with a new baby coming and how much attention I can give to both. Also, I don't know how she will react to a human baby! I think that it will be fine, but want it to go smoothly. I think I am just a huge worrier. With a baby coming, I am apprehensive about finances, too. I guess it is a worry for every first time mommy. I do know, that a piece of my heart would go with Margeaux if I had to let her go. So, I pray that God works this out and am also pray that both Shell baby and Bronwyn find their new babies. Thanks so much for being great cheerleaders everyone! :)

Also, anybody out there have a sphynx and new human baby coexisting? Any tips/advice? Thanks!

We have a member SamLewis who has a brand new baby and a Sphynx, last we heard she was doing great. She doesn't get on much since her baby was born but thats understandable. Hopefully she will see your post and tell you all about it!

Shell_Baby

Lairian

I'm sure everything will work for you to keep her! You have room enough in your heart for your baby and your Margeaux. Growing up together will be a wonderful experience for both of them and they will probably be inseperable! Blessings to you and your family and congrats on the baby. I'm sure the right nekkid baby will come along for me - just wasn't God's timing yet. He wanted you to keep your Margeaux!!!
Hugs to all and thanks for all the encouragement from everyone! :ThumbsUp:
Kelly

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

My manx was protective of my sister and even slept in her crib.
When my sister was 4 our mean cat attacked her and my manx got her off my sister and protected her.
You will be fine with a cat and a baby.
We had many cats when my sisters were born.

spygirl

Banned

I'm a new mommy too! I'm 7 weeks into my pregnancy and I can completely understand the anxiety and nervousness. So I haven't had any experience with introducing kitties with babies, but as a dog trainer, I have lots of experience with dogs and new babies.

The main thing is to not make a big deal about it! Animals will pick up on their owners feelings and this can lead to unnecessary anxiety. For example, today Frankie went to get his microchip. Instead of babying him and talking in an anxious, high pitched voice, I talked to him in a calm neutral voice and let the vet techs do their thing. The end result was him meowing once and sitting still through the entire process.

It also helps to set some baby things out and let the animals get used to the new stuff. Let them explore everything and check it all out for themselves.

So the day you bring baby home, again don't make a big deal about it. When the baby makes a noise, let the kitty check it out under close supervision. I'll tell you kinda what I have in mind for the we bring baby home...

My plan is to take the dogs to the the boarding kennel so the days we're in the hospital, they'll have someone to play with him and for my peace of mind as well! Then when they come home, I plan to let them explore and check things out while on a leash. I plan to keep them on the leash, just in case we need to pull them back quickly. Same thing with Frankie. When the baby makes a noise, I'll let them check it out. We're going to keep our routine as normal as possible and just fit the baby in. Again, keeping it as low key as possible.

And that's they key. I know its going to be hectic and crazy and different. BUT the more relaxed you are, the better it is for everyone, including yourself! In all my dog classes, I stress trying some breathing exercises. It helps to relax yourself when attempting new training. Training goes much easier when you're relaxed as well.

I have 2 dogs, a sphynx, and several other random reptiles and small mammals. I'm not stressing about it at all. My husband says its like I'm bringing home a new pet, but one he finally approves of! :LOL: I'm sure it will work out, whichever way you choose and I wish you nothing but the best of luck! :ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Jennifer

This is Bronwyn~ I guess the cat is out of the bag so to speak, I am considering getting another sphynx! But I have a kitten in mind, and that's all I'm telling for now:ThumbsUp:

Jennifer,
I have three children and have had cats (not sphynx) with every pregnancy. The first was the hardest as I had constant advice from relatives, (the cat will smother the baby, you'll get sick from the litter, blah, blah, blah) and as a brand new mom you don't know and you are scared, and you want to do everything right.

It will be okay. My big concern was that the cats really like soft baby blankets and I was worried that they might sleep on the baby, It wasn't an issue for us, as all of our children slept in bed with us, and during naps, I would close their door and listen with a moniter. Your cat will adjust and be a happy part of your family.

All three of my children are healthy happy and sleep with cats!

025-8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back