Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Re-homing a bonded pair

skunkfoot

Lairian
Hello, it’s with great sadness that I have come to realization that my two babies need a new home. I have two 3 year old Sphynx cats that are a bonded pair. I adopted them as kittens at the same time, they are not litter mates but are one month apart in age.
When I adopted them, I lived in a large home with my two children and was home a lot more. Many life changes have taken place since that time and now my kitties are living in an apartment and I’m not home enough to give them the love and attention they crave.
I’m looking for their forever home together. Preferably someone that has Sphynx experience.
Kylo- grey, male, and neutered
He has the sweetest personality. Very much a love bug and could spend all day snuggling and purring on you. Favorite toy is the laser pointer which he will ask to play with at least 3 times a day. He’s never had any health concerns but he could benefit from a structured diet.
Peach- female, calico, not spayed
She is a feisty little thing. She may be small but she will rule all that is around her. Very smart, she responds to her name and will talk back at any chance she gets. She loves everyone but has always been drawn to males (especially ones with beards). She’ll love the crap out of you!!
She was diagnosed with a heart murmur as a kitten. She has never had an echo or further testing for her heart. Because of her heart murmur, I chose not to get her fixed for fear of complications during surgery. Her breeder and I came to that agreement together. Peach must never be used for breeding.
As many of us know, heart issues
F9E75950-64CB-4AF4-BE47-F649F150414E.jpeg
FF7E4EE1-325D-45A4-9AF5-A10BCB705B6D.jpeg
05C88D06-0460-4696-B67E-40C6B503A4B0.jpeg
BE9AA5CB-4856-4E7A-A636-792E493DF8D1.jpeg
6214CC5F-1300-471A-82ED-96069C5195B2.jpeg
for Sphynx are usually genetic and we do not want to pass this on to others. It was my intention to give Peach the happiest life possible, not so many interventions like I’ve done in the past for other kitties of mine. Peach has never shown outward symptoms of her heart murmur.
Whomever adopts these two must be okay with knowing that Kylo will probably live a much longer life than Peach but they are bonded and must stay together.
I’m located a few hours south of Portland, OR but visit the Portland area frequently. A small adoption fee will be required.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I’m sorry you are having to do this. I know it’s hard. I’ve had to return a kitty to the shelter and that was only after 3 months so I can imagine after 3 years you love them very much. I wish you good luck in finding the perfect home for them.

Also, the size difference! Either Kylo is a big boy or Peaches is petite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skunkfoot

Lairian
I’m sorry you are having to do this. I know it’s hard. I’ve had to return a kitty to the shelter and that was only after 3 months so I can imagine after 3 years you love them very much. I wish you good luck in finding the perfect home for them.

Also, the size difference! Either Kylo is a big boy or Peaches is petite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you ♥ I hope they find the perfect home. They grew up with my daughter , who was 4 at the time, so they are very kid friendly as well. My daughter used to tote peach around like she was a stuffed animal and Peach loved every moment of it haha.

Peach is very tiny!! Also Kylo is a big dude lol she looks even smaller in comparison to him haha

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They are beautiful! Sending good luck vibes that you find them a great forever home!

Tclark27

Lairian
@skunkfoot
Hello, it’s with great sadness that I have come to realization that my two babies need a new home. I have two 3 year old Sphynx cats that are a bonded pair. I adopted them as kittens at the same time, they are not litter mates but are one month apart in age.
When I adopted them, I lived in a large home with my two children and was home a lot more. Many life changes have taken place since that time and now my kitties are living in an apartment and I’m not home enough to give them the love and attention they crave.
I’m looking for their forever home together. Preferably someone that has Sphynx experience.
Kylo- grey, male, and neutered
He has the sweetest personality. Very much a love bug and could spend all day snuggling and purring on you. Favorite toy is the laser pointer which he will ask to play with at least 3 times a day. He’s never had any health concerns but he could benefit from a structured diet.
Peach- female, calico, not spayed
She is a feisty little thing. She may be small but she will rule all that is around her. Very smart, she responds to her name and will talk back at any chance she gets. She loves everyone but has always been drawn to males (especially ones with beards). She’ll love the crap out of you!!
She was diagnosed with a heart murmur as a kitten. She has never had an echo or further testing for her heart. Because of her heart murmur, I chose not to get her fixed for fear of complications during surgery. Her breeder and I came to that agreement together. Peach must never be used for breeding.
As many of us know, heart issuesView attachment 94671View attachment 94672View attachment 94673View attachment 94674View attachment 94675 for Sphynx are usually genetic and we do not want to pass this on to others. It was my intention to give Peach the happiest life possible, not so many interventions like I’ve done in the past for other kitties of mine. Peach has never shown outward symptoms of her heart murmur.
Whomever adopts these two must be okay with knowing that Kylo will probably live a much longer life than Peach but they are bonded and must stay together.
I’m located a few hours south of Portland, OR but visit the Portland area frequently. A small adoption fee will be required.
I’m interested and live in roseburg Oregon , please call me at 818 2123279
@skunkfoot

Toryn

Last edited by a moderator: