Re-homing in Germany

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Rescue & Adoption' started by Adele, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adele

AdeleLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $52.08
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a 5 year old Sphynx called Axel, we moved recently to an apartment in a high rise building and he won't settle at all. Meows all night so loudly even if I'm staying in the room he sleeps in with him. I am getting complaints about the noise from my new neighbours.

Today I am going to try some calming diffusers but I feel that I am not being fair to Axel and maybe he would benefit from being re-homed to a family who have the time to give him the attention he needs and in a better suited house.

This is absolutely breaking my heart but I haven't slept in 10 days and I really don't know what else to do? He is constantly stressed.

I would be grateful for any advice or help with either settling him or re-homing with the Stuttgart region of Germany.

Thanks a lot Adele

2. Catzzzmeow

CatzzzmeowModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $433,404.65
    Ratings:
    +32,893
    • Scary sphynx
    You can also go to your vet. They might prescribes anti-anxiety meds that would help calm him, then eventually wean him off after he settles.

3. Silke

SilkeV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $41,944.15
    Ratings:
    +5,755
    • Orange Sphynx
    • Candy
    Hi Adele,
    I'm not in Germany (my parents are near Stuttgart, but they are both 80, so not a good idea) but I've had a ton of hassle with my bunch when I first adopted them. (I'm in France, Normandy now.)
    Not so much meowing, but fighting. A lot. Badly.
    Feliway did nothing (that I could tell).
    Do you have a balcony? If so, is it possible to make it cat safe? (Cat net etc)
    I found the only thing that helped with my bunch was having outside time. I was lucky enough to create a Catio for them, with plenty of distractions (birds, horses etc) to watch.
    So if you're able, that's a good way of giving him something to do.
    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/337558934557645025/?lp=true -- check those out, too. They are basically window boxes that go outside.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.