Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Re-homing in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adele

Lairian
Hi all,

I have a 5 year old Sphynx called Axel, we moved recently to an apartment in a high rise building and he won't settle at all. Meows all night so loudly even if I'm staying in the room he sleeps in with him. I am getting complaints about the noise from my new neighbours.

Today I am going to try some calming diffusers but I feel that I am not being fair to Axel and maybe he would benefit from being re-homed to a family who have the time to give him the attention he needs and in a better suited house.

This is absolutely breaking my heart but I haven't slept in 10 days and I really don't know what else to do? He is constantly stressed.

I would be grateful for any advice or help with either settling him or re-homing with the Stuttgart region of Germany.

Thanks a lot Adele

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
You can also go to your vet. They might prescribes anti-anxiety meds that would help calm him, then eventually wean him off after he settles.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Adele,
I'm not in Germany (my parents are near Stuttgart, but they are both 80, so not a good idea) but I've had a ton of hassle with my bunch when I first adopted them. (I'm in France, Normandy now.)
Not so much meowing, but fighting. A lot. Badly.
Feliway did nothing (that I could tell).
Do you have a balcony? If so, is it possible to make it cat safe? (Cat net etc)
I found the only thing that helped with my bunch was having outside time. I was lucky enough to create a Catio for them, with plenty of distractions (birds, horses etc) to watch.
So if you're able, that's a good way of giving him something to do.
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/337558934557645025/?lp=true -- check those out, too. They are basically window boxes that go outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back