Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Real Tats on Sphynx Cats?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm all for using the cute stick-on, wash-off tattoos for our sphynx kitties, but this is terrible. Seems like it's a trend in Russia nowadays to put real tattoos on cats. I consider real tats on cats cruel and abusive. :Angry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
some 1 posted about this before & it really pissed me off!!! Idc if the cat is asleep it burns like hell after!!! People like this do not deserve to have a sphynx!!!!:Angry::Furious:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very sad :( Tattoes have been used as ID in purebred animals for years, but just a small sequence of numbers, I'd never do a full tattoe like that on any animal!

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Cry:I haven't even gone to the link yet and I'm actually tearing up at the thought of this. I wouldn't intentionally cause pain to my boys for anything that wasn't medically necessary - EVER!!! Poor babies!:Furious:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think sphynx cats are beautiful just the way they are! They don't need any "embelishments".

Elisabet

Lairian
I have seen this on google pics a while ago. It made me so angry.
There is a big difference between tattooing some numbers in the ear of the cat in case it should run away and a real tatoo.
Many cats in DK gets a little tatoo with numbers done, while they are getting spayed by the vet.
We have a couple of registers too.
People that tattoo their sphynx should be prosecuted for cruelty to animals. And shouldn't be allowed to have animals of any kind.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Brooke

Banned
I originally had a rant about it when Heather posted a cute clip about fake tattoo's;

http://www.sphynxlair.com/showthread.php?t=1233&highlight=tattoo

It really makes me :Angry: the poor cat, anesthetized for vanity reasons not for a medical reason. How can that be healthy? Hours under anesthetic just because their owner thinks a tattoo would be cool.:Angry:

Exactly! I know how terrified I am every time one of my animals is sedated, for neuter or when Nelson was recently put out for his eye surgery, I was a wreck all day...I can't even fathom doing it unless absolutely medically necessary!!

Not only that, many of us have tattoos here, we know it takes weeks for them to heal completely, it's painful, then it itches, and there is always a risk of infection if the tattoo isn't kept clean...

Oh! It infuriates me!! Can you even imagine what a cat tongue across a fresh tattoo would feel like!! :Angry:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Not only that, many of us have tattoos here, we know it takes weeks for them to heal completely, it's painful, then it itches, and there is always a risk of infection if the tattoo isn't kept clean...

Oh! It infuriates me!! Can you even imagine what a cat tongue across a fresh tattoo would feel like!! :Angry:

Exactly. I don't have a tattoo myself but members of my family do and I know the care they had to take to stop them getting infected.

Unnecessary and completely cruel to do this to an animal for personal/ vanity reasons, IMO.:Angry:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's weird. . . I just saw stuff like this earlier today and then I found this thread. It makes me so furious. It makes me sick to my stomach that someone would do that to a precious animal. :Angry:

Pbinky

Banned
The a__holes who do this obviously have never been under an anesthetic before because if they did they would not want to subject their cats to it for something so vain as a tattoo. 3 hours is A LONG TIME to be put under. i've had many surgeries and i've always said that the worst part of surgery is coming out of the anesthetic. I had a neurological procedure done at the hospital just this past December and i felt SO NASTY coming out of surgery. i barfed for hours. :Badly:
Poor kitties.:Cry:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG! I am horrified at the thought of someone doing this to their cat for no good reason. When I saw the picture I could not help but cry. These people should not be allowed sphynx or any other kind of animal. I am truly appalled.:Cry::Cry:

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, as you know I have a ton of tattoos but I would never subject Ra or any one of the pets I've had to a procedure like that :ThumbsDown: :Cry:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just can't believe that people would do something like this. These people are wrong in the head and need locking up. They honestly can't care about animals at all. It's awful to think about what else goes on. People can be so cruel.

Back